Team BKool CycleChat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Shanks

Hi, if this is open to the occasional poster on here then it would be good to add another dimension to my Bkool rides. Not sure I'll offer any real competition but with more miles it can only get better.

BigonaBianchi

Yes I can, Yes I am, Yes I did...Repeat.
This looks very interesting, I am looking at turbo trainers and am drawn to the BKool (not wanting to
Hi-jack the thread) are you all happy with the BKool (I.e noise, service, interactivity, costs)?

totally happy mate..for the money it stacked up better than the tacx imho....it's a great bit of kit if you go for the gold video package.

Asa Post

Super Iconic Legend
Hi, if this is open to the occasional poster on here then it would be good to add another dimension to my Bkool rides. Not sure I'll offer any real competition but with more miles it can only get better.
Are you a member of CycleChat? Check
Do you have a Bkool turbo? Check

Come on in. Competition isn't the aim.
Well, it isn't my aim :blush:

Asa Post

Super Iconic Legend
since i've started to commute again I'm not on the trainer as much, plus the weather has been pretty good, has any one been on there's much?
Yes. I'm not allowed to ride outside when the weather is bad - ice, rain, high winds, low sun. It isn't a medical restriction, it's a promise I made to my son after a serious accident last year.
So I'm pretty much restricted to a turbo from now until March-ish. That's why I bought the Bkool. I hope to attempt the big Tdf climbs in the Alps and Pyrenees, as well as replicating local rides that I'd prefer to do for real, but can't.
I've had a go at the Col du Tourmalet. 2 hours up, 16 minutes down :laugh:

Asa Post

Super Iconic Legend
So how are we going to organize ourselves? Or even are we going to organize ourselves? :laugh:
Two thoughts.

Some groups have organised a league, which seems to be a series of selected rides to be done whenever you like, but within a time frame - say, a week for each ride. Bkool then works out standings for everyone who attempts the ride(s).
For more details, click on "Groups", then on "CycleChat Bkool", then on "leagues" (bottom option on the left of the page), then on the "how it works" tab.
It looks like the league can only be set up and run by an administrator, so it would depend on @Peteaud being willing to do it.

Less formally, we could just agree on a ride and let each person do it whenever they want, and then compare times afterwards. Like this (you have to be a Bkool member for the link to work):
'Triatlón Garmin Barcelona 2012'
  1. BOAB 21/10/2013 1:10:45
  2. Asa 20/11/2013 1:17:30 [and I was trying hard :blush:]

BigonaBianchi

Two thoughts.

Some groups have organised a league, which seems to be a series of selected rides to be done whenever you like, but within a time frame - say, a week for each ride. Bkool then works out standings for everyone who attempts the ride(s).
For more details, click on "Groups", then on "CycleChat Bkool", then on "leagues" (bottom option on the left of the page), then on the "how it works" tab.
It looks like the league can only be set up and run by an administrator, so it would depend on @Peteaud being willing to do it.

Less formally, we could just agree on a ride and let each person do it whenever they want, and then compare times afterwards. Like this (you have to be a Bkool member for the link to work):
'Triatlón Garmin Barcelona 2012'
  1. BOAB 21/10/2013 1:10:45
  2. Asa 20/11/2013 1:17:30 [and I was trying hard :blush:]

Whats 7 minutes between friends...check out my times on any ride witha hill in it and you'll be way ahead of me! I'm a BIG heavy rider expertly self trained in the art of snail pace climbing lol!

BigonaBianchi

I'm good with either option, the first would seem to suit more if we were riding th evuelta stages in order say, but as you say Pete would have some work...and waht would happen if one of us couldnt ride that week and missed a stage etc?

OP
OP
Peteaud

Peteaud

Veteran
I have not got the time to organize anything like that at the moment (14 hour working day at the moment) i am afraid. If anyone want to set up another group and run a league then please feel free.

Asa Post

Super Iconic Legend
I have not got the time to organize anything like that at the moment (14 hour working day at the moment) i am afraid. If anyone want to set up another group and run a league then please feel free.
That's fair enough. This is supposed to be about fun, not extra work.
I don't like the idea of a 2nd group, so I vote we go informal and forget the league.

Top Bottom