Team BKool CycleChat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BigonaBianchi

Yes I can, Yes I am, Yes I did...Repeat.
I think you can upload gpx files yes.

I know you can record a ride on the bkool app and upload it.

There is a section in the bkool that says it supports gpx uploads.

I don't use strava but I'm guessing a gpx file is a gpx file regardless of if its recorded on.bkool Garmin strava or any other device.

I think when you upload a gpx you can ride that route along to a google earth map and profile. You won't see that ride as a video as it hasn't.been recorded.

You will feel the hills on your gpx ride upload as the bkool reacts to the gradiant data .

harly

Brilliant thanks , didnt realize there was a bkool app as well will have to take a look at that , yes if I can get a previous ridden gpx file on thatll be great even it is just the profile thatll do for practice , I can visualize it in my mind , yes uploading your own videos is something id love to try and do as well , but really all those videos of the rides on the tours is what I'm looking forward to trying out , I've no chance of ridding the reall thing so this will do me

Asa Post

Super Iconic Legend
I'm not sure I understand the watts thing ..i'm unsure if that good bad or what given my age and weight etc.
More is better. Having said that, if you're riding all out you can't do any more. There will always be someone who can beat you. I keep track of these things in the hope of beating my own past performances. If I happen to beat another person, I don't really get a buzz out of it.
But what the experts say really matters is watts per kilogram of body weight. As a big guy, you have more power than me. You also have more weight to move using that power, so the advantage isn't real. I'm only 10.5 stone, so we come out about equal. If you do a ride against a real opponent who has ridden the course previously, the results will include the watts/kg figures for both of you.

how is the watt thing calculated ?
Do you chaps ride with the wind turned on or off? if on at what strength?

i ride with it on hurricane force....:whistle::laugh:
And blowing from behind? ;)
Nobody seems to know how Bkool works out the power. I leave the wind off. If I ever feel the need to practice riding on a windy day, I'll use it.

I avg about 130 watts, so i am crap in other words :laugh:
As I said above, you do what you can. What other people do might be a target to aim at if you're that way inclined. Or it might be something to ignore completely. In the past I have used the argument that I'm working harder than faster riders. We both ride at the limit, but I do it for longer :training:.

Is it possible to upload gpx files from previous strava segments that I've done in the past to ride on the bkool , abit of practising on my local hills would be exellent
Yes. I've done it. You can also set out a course on BikeHike or similar software, and upload that.

BigonaBianchi

Bitvof a mare getting things firedvup today. Laptop not seeing dongle. Tv not seeing laptop. Then blank screen on bkool but can hear clicks as mouse over icons so pushed one blindly and got a googlebearth screen I never saw before. Had to re pair everything twice. Got riding thenbthevsession stopped ten mins in.
An hour later I'm stillbnot riding...let's see what updating the laptop does.

BigonaBianchi

finally the dam dongle clicked in and I mamanged to ride this

http://www.bkool.com/bkoolSessionHistory/showSessionSummary?sessionSummaryId=477846

Total20.1mi01:06:5901:05:54
Warm up0.1mi00:00:4200:00:41
Main19.9mi01:06:0701:05:54
Cool down0.0mi00:00:0800:00:08​
Min.Max.ClimbDescent
Slope
-6.12%9.96%263m.284m.​
LegendIn totalIn motionWhile climbingNormalizedMax.Type
Cadence (rpm)​
878885-120​
Calories (Kcal.)​
838838561-1542​
Power (watt)​
193.8194.4207.4203.9392.7​
Speed (mph)​
18.3​
18.3​
13.9​
-​
45.7​

BigonaBianchi

Ive just seen that it's possible to set up team sessions for Bkool cycle chat.

What do we think about that?

Top Bottom