Team BKool CycleChat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Asa Post

Super Iconic Legend
check out my times on any ride witha hill in it and you'll be way ahead of me! I'm a BIG heavy rider expertly self trained in the art of snail pace climbing lol!

You fibber! :laugh:
Pla de Beret
  1. BOAB 14/10/2013 1:23:22
  2. Asa 06/12/2013 1:26:16
I held you until half way, then had to watch you ride away - not quickly, but remorselessly.
Bkool gives both of us a power/weight ratio of 2.4 watts per kilogram
. Big heavy riders are also stronger :thumbsup:.

BigonaBianchi

Yes I can, Yes I am, Yes I did...Repeat.
You fibber! :laugh:
Pla de Beret
  1. BOAB 14/10/2013 1:23:22
  2. Asa 06/12/2013 1:26:16
I held you until half way, then had to watch you ride away - not quickly, but remorselessly.
Bkool gives both of us a power/weight ratio of 2.4 watts per kilogram
. Big heavy riders are also stronger :thumbsup:.

Blimey..really? How do you see me while you ride? Is it a marker on the profile line? If so I've seen that in the shop where I bought this, but I haven't been able (or tried) to ride against anybody like that. I'm just on there riding solo against the videos. I havent ridden for over three weeks now inside or out.
:rolleyes::smile:

Asa Post

Super Iconic Legend
Blimey..really? How do you see me while you ride? Is it a marker on the profile line? If so I've seen that in the shop where I bought this, but I haven't been able (or tried) to ride against anybody like that. I'm just on there riding solo against the videos. I havent ridden for over three weeks now inside or out.
:rolleyes::smile:
Yes, it's on the profile. When I chose the ride, and clicked on "create session" there was an option to the right of the profile named "Opponents". It seems to list everyone who has done the ride. There's a tick box for "My groups", so I ticked it, and your ride details came up. I hovered the mouse over it, and was told to drag it to the list of opponents (underneath the profile) to ride against you. So I did.

Have you seen a doctor or physio about your hip? Three weeks is a long time to be hurting.

BigonaBianchi

Mui Bueno amigo muchas grassy arse dos cervezas pear favor

http://www.bkool.com/bkoolSessionHistory/showSessionSummary?sessionSummaryId=474975

Denmarks nice:bicycle:^_^

Total19.2mi00:57:2200:56:24
Warm up0.1mi00:00:3700:00:36
Main19.0mi00:56:2400:56:24
Cool down0.1mi00:00:2000:00:20​
Min.Max.ClimbDescent
Slope
-6.0%5.25%557ft870ft​
LegendIn totalIn motionWhile climbingNormalizedMax.Type
Cadence (rpm)​
909089-120​
Calories (Kcal.)​
734734394-1535​
Power (watt)​
198.8198.8220.3208.6391​
Speed (mph)​
20.420.415.6-47.3​

BigonaBianchi

Ok,

well Im of the opinion that this needs to remain a bit of fun and not become an all out macho racefest. That said there is no reason at all why we can't set up races as and when the group decides, or why indididuals in the group cant ride against each other as and when. However if we start putting 'ride dates' in the bkool team calender the likelyhood is that some of us inevitably wont be able to 'make it' or need it changing etc.

So as I see it there are several options:

1) We all just ride where and when we want and credit the rides to the team, and challenge each other on those rides as and when we feel the urge to prove out machoness

2) The team has a set of rides selected (say the vuelta stages for example) and we all endeavor to ride those rides in our own time and credit th erides to the team. If we then wish to challenge each other and try to out ride each othe ron any given stage to prove the length of our appendages then the option for such sabre waving remains clearly.

3) The team agress the rides it will all ride at the same time and set those times /dates in the calender and we all 'show up' and ride in real time together on the agreed rides.

4) any combination of the above, so for example we may set up a weekly vuelta stage on a weekday evening say, and we all show up on wednesday (can be any day , just using as example)
any other individual rides would still get credited to the team on bkool team stats I think.

Complicated ain' t it!:laugh:

I'm still intrigued by riding the vuelta virtually, stage by stage ...maybe a stage a week or every two weeks perhaps?? I may look at that as a personal goal, but it could work as a team 'target' as well if anybody feels the urge.

Whatever we decide obviously we can all still just do our own thing as and when we like as well so this is only an addition to our individual potterings I guess.

Anothe rthing that might be fun would be for us each to log our own outdoor road rides on the bkool app and upload them. Then we can each ride each others loops.

I'm getting exhausted just typing all that...time to hit the sofa^_^

Team thoughts?? >>

BigonaBianchi

On another point:

Maybe it's worth changing this thread title to Team Bkool Cyclechat
and having it as a sticky somewhere?

That would make it easier for new riders to find I think. Guess thats a Mod/Admin decision??

harly

Getting one for christmas , will be joining you all then , looking forward to trying this out , been using trainerroad and sufferfest but fancy trying this , heard good things about it , looking forward to trying the vuelta stages over winter allso the idea of trying other uses outdoor rides , added bit of fun to the usuall run of the mill turbo

BigonaBianchi

http://www.bkool.com/bkoolSessionHistory/showSessionSummary?sessionSummaryId=476102

Bit of a pig this one...Spain...

I rode against the bots ...all of them...talk about pressure...the eleite bot finished before i had got half way lol!

But I wasnt last...erm...only cough...second last....between amatuer and amatuer+ level and i was going flat out!

Bloody hell i couldnt drive a car as fast as the first guy rode that!

All the hills are up front in this ride...but the downhills, although nice, were a battle as i was exhausted after the climbs.

Last edited:

BigonaBianchi

I'm not sure I understand the watts thing ..i'm unsure if that good bad or what given my age and weight etc.

I was flat out and had to stop twice for a few seconds.

Also the bots dont feel any pain..little gits.

How any human can match the elite bot is beyond me.

harly

Is it possible to upload gpx files from previous strava segments that I've done in the past to ride on the bkool , abit of practising on my local hills would be exellent

Top Bottom