Team BKool CycleChat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BigonaBianchi

Yes I can, Yes I am, Yes I did...Repeat.
i'll set them up and we can have a go, then adjust as we see fit..

BigonaBianchi

Ok peeps...

I'm having a bit of a mare getting this working..

But i THINK I have set up these three sessions for the group:

• 3&chs=162x67&chls=3,0,0&chco=C4C4C4&chf=c,s,F5F5F5&chxr=0,0,16293|1,-63,815&chds=0,16293,-63,815.png 157233.wmv.01.jpg
    11/12/2013 13:15
    • badge_CYCLING_micro__v7509.png
    • 10.1 mi
    Alpine Multiplayer
    Session in Vuelta 2012 E9
    Suria-Manresa

created by CycleChat BKool

Generated from a psf file
  • s=162x67&chls=3,0,0&chco=C4C4C4&chf=c,s,F5F5F5&chxr=0,0,30441|1,-107,1532&chds=0,30441,-107,1532.png 303190.wmv.05.jpg
    11/12/2013 13:18
    • 19.0 mi
    Alpine Multiplayer
    Session in Vejle-Hornstrup
    Dinamarca

Generated from a psf file
  • &chco=CFD0D2&chm=B,CFD0D2,0,0,0&chf=c,s,F5F5F5&chxr=0,0,45505|1,-199,2287&chds=0,45505,-199,2287.png 49733.wmv.01.jpg
    11/12/2013 13:20
    • 28.4 mi
    Alpine Multiplayer
    Session in Luyando-Bilbao
    Recorrido de 46km con final urbano

Generated from a gpx file

The thing is I cant see a place in the group where these are listed as GROUP sessions. They do appear in my own sessions however so i am assuming they will appear in your sessions????

So to be clear...leave the bkool website and open up the bkool (Bsim), head to your sessions and you should see the above three listed???

If not I'm flumaxed..or just dim.

:smile:

Asa Post

Super Iconic Legend
Ok peeps...

I'm having a bit of a mare getting this working..

But i THINK I have set up these three sessions for the group

The thing is I cant see a place in the group where these are listed as GROUP sessions. They do appear in my own sessions however so i am assuming they will appear in your sessions????

So to be clear...leave the bkool website and open up the bkool (Bsim), head to your sessions and you should see the above three listed???
Yup, they show in my downloaded sessions on BSim, but not in my sessions on the website.
They also appear in the Group Calendar (Groups -> CycleChat Bkool -> Calendar), but they are all dated for today and I can't find a way of changing the date. Nor can I see how to set up a session so that it can be ridden on any day within a time period. It seems to work on the basis that when you set it up, you choose a day (it assumes today, but you can click on the date and a calendar pops up to change the day) and then have to stick to it.

I'm assuming that we don't want to be restricted to having to do a particular ride on a particular day.
It must be possible to do what we want, but at the moment it isn't clear how to do it.
Anyway, I'm off for a ride (not on the Bkool - I've made other plans) so if you can't sort it out, I'll have another look later.

OP
OP
Peteaud

Peteaud

Veteran
Today's session was for me to try out a GPX route i do in the summer.

First off i log rides from my Garmin to RWGPS so into that to find the GPX, that i downloaded into a folder.

Imported that into BKool and saved as session.

Then all went haywire.....

all worked but would not play the route on google earth despite downloading (as requested) the plug in that was correct grrrrr. In the end i had to un install all google earth and its plugins, then reload google earth, then started bsim and got the message about the plug in again, this time after clicking on install (within bsim) it fired up.

The up, down, and side to side arrows change from google earth to graph view and zoom in and out.

One thing i found, the ride i uploaded included a stop (i was fiddling with cleats i think) and the bsim just hangs untill the time is up for the stop, you then whizz off again, however, the gradient where you stopped does not alter so if its on a 10% uphill bit then it hurts :whistle:

All in all, very good, and i am guessing you could rip gpx routes from garmin or strava etc.

harly

looking forward to putting in some strava gpx files of my usuall outside routes just to feel the comparison allso been able to browse strava and download other peoples strava routes and sample them , allso trying out the various sportives routes that i cant get to the gpx files are all on strava to download , ive just got last years london 100 ride gpx to try , or the various hills that are on that route

Asa Post

Super Iconic Legend
It must be possible to do what we want, but at the moment it isn't clear how to do it.

Anyway, I'm off for a ride (not on the Bkool - I've made other plans) so if you can't sort it out, I'll have another look later.
I left looking until today to see if @BigonaBianchi's sessions are still valid, because if they are there's no point in changing anything. They still show in the calendar, but don't come up when I connect to BSim - I get the "no sessions available" message. So, sessions expire after 1 day, which is a silly way of organising the site, but there we are :banghead:.

I've had an idea, but I need some information from you before I try it.
I'll keep BOAB's 3 stages, but I need to know how we want it set up. I'm guessing that it is a requirement of the site that there is a time restriction on when the rides can be done.

Questions for you to answer, please:
  1. Do you prefer to have a time period for each session, or an overall period for all sessions so you can do them in any order you want?
  2. If you prefer a time period for each session, how long should the period be?
  3. If you prefer an overall time period, how long should it be?
  4. When should it start (bearing in mind that @harly doesn't get his kit for another 2 weeks, and people might not be able to ride much over the festive season, and there might be more people who get a Bkool for Xmas and want to join us)?
In the meantime, I'll start playing:addict:.
If any of my "trials" show up on the group page, just ignore them ^_^.

harly

Is it possible to put them on for an unlimited time ... so there always there if more people join and want a try or even a retry if you fancy having ago beating your previous times

Asa Post

Super Iconic Legend
Is it possible to put them on for an unlimited time ... so there always there if more people join and want a try or even a retry if you fancy having ago beating your previous times
No, there has to be an end date. I've tried to get around it, but the site won't create the sessions unless a beginning and an end date are specified.
Once a group of rides has been set up and has started, we can't start another one until this one has finished - so having a loooong time to do it will prevent a new lot of rides being arranged. I should have mentioned that when asking what time periods people preferred :blush:

BigonaBianchi

Perhaps the easiest thing here would be to agree dates times etc in this thread then set up the session in bkool sim and go for it at that time.

Alternatively just list the sessions here in the thread and we each ride them as and when we can. ??

Shanks

If you go to the calendar and click on the rides created by BOAB, then add them to your favourites. When you switch to BSim they are listed there. Why not just agree on a ride, every week for instance, then using this process we can ride them any time we want over that week, you can ride them more than once but your fastest counts. Each time they are ridden by a member of the group it is posted on your timeline in BKool (if it is set to public) we can then just post our fastest times for the weeks route on here and see how it goes. We can leave starting leagues and tables till the new year when santa has delivered any new Bkool kit to members :-)

Top Bottom