Team BKool CycleChat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Randy, younin Zwift again? I saw you as I joined but I think you were coming off? Tried to hunt you down!
I was there for a warm up and didn't see you were there until I was leaving. Or I was afraid you would catch me and bailed.
Edit. Very fragile ego.

BILL S

Guru
i had a bkool gift day. once i got on top of the speed it didnt want to stop me.
i knew you were just down on me in this session and we were out front with bridgys ghost close behind so it was for the team again today
i am going to try and do thurs ride agin tomorrow while i have the gift
you did well to come back to me and lucky i spotted you on the leader board at the top of the hill

My bkool gift day was Thursday. I think the tyre has made a massive difference but didn't feel as much today, although could just be more tired today. I was very surprised to have Jacobs and Bridgys ghosts in front of me at the bottom of the first hill but behind me by the time I got to the top. I don't usually overtake riders like them going uphill. Then I realised you must have seen me in 2nd place on the leaderboard and you waited about 6 seconds for me. Very different on the second hill though. Bridgy pulled me in by a good 10 seconds with Jacob not far behind.

bobinski

Legendary Member
If you think that's a sport injury have you heard about @bobinski 's knee?
Oh Soarerv8, it's so nice of you to mention my knee^_^
X-rays inconclusive but GP cannot authorise a scan. New rules mean I have to be assessed by a physiotherapy provider who can then say yay or nay to a scan. In the meantime I am doing short rides on Zwift preceded and followed by a bit of stretching and some ITB specific exercises as well as the dreaded foam roller.
Let me know when you want the next update:okay:
:tongue:

CXRAndy

Guru
I've just removed my renew option from Bkool, it expires mid April. I will hope to complete WC if I can get the Pro to use. I'll then try out Zwift, if Bkool dont improve. I too posted on Bkool English Facebook page about mismatch of trainer performance, See if they delete that.!

bobinski

Legendary Member
I've just removed my renew option from Bkool, it expires mid April. I will hope to complete WC if I can get the Pro to use. I'll then try out Zwift, if Bkool dont improve. I too posted on Bkool English Facebook page about mismatch of trainer performance, See if they delete that.!

Can you still see it? I can't. Wondering if it might be a settings thing.

Daddy Pig

Veteran
Can you still see it? I can't. Wondering if it might be a settings thing.
TBH I find it pretty ridiculous that bkool cannot adjust an algorithm that is specific to other trainers to make it a level playing field.
They just need to actually test them out properly. As the bsim detects the specific model you use this will decide on the algorithm to be used. Why can they not just adjust it slightly?
For example, if 2% feels too steep compared to bkool you adjust it to feel more like 1.5% etc.
It's not hard to do it's that they cannot be ar5ed....
It's a shame because we all enjoy the competition and we would all like it on a level playing field...

CXRAndy

Guru
Yes Bob it's still there ATM. I think we need a coordinated plan to keep posting on bkool Facebook pages.

If they continue to delete posts which highlight issues that need addressing then it reflects an attitude of a company not willing to listen- if that happens I'll move over to Zwift even quicker.

bobinski

Legendary Member
TBH I find it pretty ridiculous that bkool cannot adjust an algorithm that is specific to other trainers to make it a level playing field.
They just need to actually test them out properly. As the bsim detects the specific model you use this will decide on the algorithm to be used. Why can they not just adjust it slightly?
For example, if 2% feels too steep compared to bkool you adjust it to feel more like 1.5% etc.
It's not hard to do it's that they cannot be ar5ed....
It's a shame because we all enjoy the competition and we would all like it on a level playing field...

The Irony is they were the first company to demonstrate ant fec working on a turbobtrainer YET they held it back for over a year which meant pro users were not able to use erg in Zwift AND TrainerRoad making my annual scubscription to the latter worthless. TR refunded me and I will repay that by moving from bkool to TR and use their module within Zwift. I was one of very many users , hundreds at least affected by bkools reluctance to embrace competition with Zwift etc which I can understand but TR? Bkool doesn't begin to offer the training modules and support of TR. this all smacks of a company choosing, in a rapidly expanding market, to expand in its own way and to consolidate around its core turbo purchasers. It is the exact opposite of the approach of other turbo producers who compete to see their trainers used in Zwift, TR etc and where measurable compatibility is necessary and where info and trainers are shared with them to enable this. In Zwift and Tr you can use a power meter and bkool pro together- why not in bsim? Bkool are either incredibly short sighted or have great confidence in a financial model based around an estimated core users base.
And there has to be an easier way to calibrate than a dial in, at their convenience? Perhaps something automated?

Last edited:

bobinski

Legendary Member
Yes Bob it's still there ATM. I think we need a coordinated plan to keep posting on bkool Facebook pages.

If they continue to delete posts which highlight issues that need addressing then it reflects an attitude of a company not willing to listen- if that happens I'll move over to Zwift even quicker.

I still cannot see yours Andy. Can you see mine?

Top Bottom