Team BKool CycleChat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
Well I found my own fun tonight, similar to that when I first got the Bkool a year or so ago. I warmed up in the velodrome (which I think is great) and found a friend :becool: who helped me set a few pb's - Thank you, then I cycled the last WC stage with a few like minded ghosts and a few bots - just like the old days. With a punk rock sound track I spent an hour and half with my thoughts.

In summary, I'm renewing.

Here's to old virtual friends and new ones still to come.. :cheers:
I found some new 'Jim' friends tonight on Zwift. Pushed me to my limits and just pulled away from me towards the end. Ended up having a good scrap with 6 or 7 similarly powered riders so really enjoyed it. Like the old days with GW & Rob (who also always beat me :surrender:)

AAAC 76C

Large Member
AAAC. Any chance that the Chain gangers can join you for the final final WC on Thursday? What time were you planning to do it?
I'll set up a new chain gang league next week if we have a few interested in keeping it going.

According to BKool there will be a live session at 17:30 and 19:30 which I assume is CET.
My PC tells me that we are now the same as CET so it will be the same time UK time.
I intend to have a go at the 19:30 session as 17:30 is pushing it for me.
I did it tonight and surprised myself by beating Bridgy and his 'friend' by over a minute having spent the whole session out front on my todd after having worn myself out a bit in the velodrome.

Bored Man

Upstanding Member
According to BKool there will be a live session at 17:30 and 19:30 which I assume is CET.
My PC tells me that we are now the same as CET so it will be the same time UK time.
I did it tonight and surprised myself by beating Bridgy and his 'friend' by over a minute having spent the whole session out front on my todd after having worn myself out a bit in the velodrome.

I completed the stage myself in 45 minutes which I was very happy with. I enjoyed the WC but way too many hills...

Best of luck on Thursday @AAAC 76C ill pop in and paint the road for you. Big finish.. :bravo:

BILL S

Guru

Thanks AAAC.
Attention all. There will be no Chaingang ride on Thursday. Anyone who wants a good ride I'd suggest the live WC as above.
I'm going to join the 19:30 one.

AAAC 76C

Large Member
I'm going to give up on the Handicap Chase for a while, the numbers have really fallen away for months, and now it is light into the evenings I don't see us getting enough riders to make it worthwhile. Perhaps we can revisit in the Autumn?

This means that tonight, and Tuesday evenings in general are available for another league, or one of the Bkool organised ones perhaps?

Geoff

I sense our demise all be it those that have gone to the dark side do come back to chat however our live numbers are low.
Over the quieter 'outside' riding months I am going to 'surf' some other leagues and see if I can get some groups to join us.
No reason why they cannot keep their own thing going but if we can get folk to join us on line in this forum the more likely we are to survive and have some good live racing in the darker months.

What I would like to see is a universal UK league, similar to that which our Danish friends seem to have and from this we might form a team to challenge at the next Nations Cup.

AAAC 76C

Large Member
To be honest I spent a lot of that ride in the draft of the ghost of the guy who's in first place. My plan was to drop him with a couple of miles to go, but I failed! So plan b was to beat him with a sprint finish, but I failed at that as well even though his ghost couldn't respond to me!

Happy with that but don't think that time will bother the really quick guys who haven't done it yet

It's a right tough slog that final stage.
Lots of those pesky low -% slopes (-0.1 to 0.9) that seem harder than going up hill.

bridgy

Legendary Member
It's a right tough slog that final stage.
Lots of those pesky low -% slopes (-0.1 to 0.9) that seem harder than going up hill.
Yeah but a good one for drafting! I kept getting lulled into a false sense of security thinking I could ride away but soon realising that without the drafting benefit it was much harder than I thought!

bridgy

Legendary Member
Thanks AAAC.
Attention all. There will be no Chaingang ride on Thursday. Anyone who wants a good ride I'd suggest the live WC as above.
I'm going to join the 19:30 one.
I will try and join this with you guys - if we look out for each other we might be able to do a bit of teamwork....

bobinski

Legendary Member
I sense our demise all be it those that have gone to the dark side do come back to chat however our live numbers are low.
Over the quieter 'outside' riding months I am going to 'surf' some other leagues and see if I can get some groups to join us.
No reason why they cannot keep their own thing going but if we can get folk to join us on line in this forum the more likely we are to survive and have some good live racing in the darker months.

What I would like to see is a universal UK league, similar to that which our Danish friends seem to have and from this we might form a team to challenge at the next Nations Cup.

I will always pop in AAAC to see how your beach body is coming along:okay:

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
I snuck out of work to see a friend of a freind who's chiropractor this morning after struggling on my evening ride and he thinks I may have a hairline fracture in my back somewhere... I'm going for x rays later. Apparently if I've bruised a bone it could take as long as a fracture to be 100%. I'm not sure what I'm hoping for at this point apart from a 2nd opinion with a better prognosis!

CXRAndy

Guru
I snuck out of work to see a friend of a freind who's chiropractor this morning after struggling on my evening ride and he thinks I may have a hairline fracture in my back somewhere... I'm going for x rays later. Apparently if I've bruised a bone it could take as long as a fracture to be 100%. I'm not sure what I'm hoping for at this point apart from a 2nd opinion with a better prognosis!

Cancellara fracture, proper pro injury:okay:

Seriously Tommy I hope its not too serious.

bobinski

Legendary Member

Fingers crossed Tommy its something less serious:okay:

Top Bottom