Team BKool CycleChat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bored Man

Upstanding Member
Here' s what happens if you sleep with the mechanics misses.
He puts thermal setting glue on your front brake blocks!

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CdqqFPa2M9c

I love the little stick man graffic which appears of the cyclist sat on the floor with bike on its side.. nice touch.

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
Tommy you could try a race with Zwift using CV your PM pedals. The good aspect about Zwift racing, spurious results are discarded and those racing outside their categories are bumped up so can't take unfair position from others. The evening races generally have 20+ riders per event. Tonight there were 25 riders in my category, much greater pool of competition.

For me the problem with Zwift races is you have to do them live, and hence you can't always race your 'friends' (I use that word in the loosest term for you guys :tongue:). You can't race ghosts on Zwift, and the race standings is only for those who race live. There is no concept of leagues, where multiple races go to make a league as in BKool. Oh, and it's boring doing the same courses every week! Until Zwift offer the league experience that we get in BKool it just won't appeal to me ... but if they ever choose to offer something similar to BKool (or if some other platform does) then BKool could be in trouble.

On the current Summer Cup in Bkool there are over 800 participants which far surpasses anything in Zwift. And I know not all these people race all the rides in a league, but a good 100 or so will complete all 12 weeks of rides which makes the GC contention (excluding the stupid times) really challenging.

Last edited:

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
Tommy you could try a race with Zwift using CV your PM pedals. The good aspect about Zwift racing, spurious results are discarded and those racing outside their categories are bumped up so can't take unfair position from others. The evening races generally have 20+ riders per event. Tonight there were 25 riders in my category, much greater pool of competition.

Hi Andy

My power meter is crank based (power2max) and I don't want to put my 'best bike' on the turbo. That and the fact I can't understand you nutters, who seem insistent on turbo'Ing through the sunnier months!

I'm much more likely to join zwift for closed races Andy. And hopefully with some prospect of a league rather than one off races (more chance to get familiar with the competition / throw out some needle!). One preferably without power ups(?) too.

Also is there races where you don't have to worry about staying within certain power perimeters?

<Tommy>

For me the problem with Zwift races is you have to do them live, and hence you can't always race your 'friends' (I use that would in the loosest term for you guys :tongue:). You can't race ghosts on Zwift, and the race standings is only for those who race live. There is no concept of leagues, where multiple races go to make a league as in BKool. Oh, and it's boring doing the same courses every week! Until Zwift offer the league experience that we get in BKool it just won't appeal to me ... but if they ever choose to offer something similar to BKool (or if some other platform does) then BKool could be in trouble.

On the current Summer Cup in Bkool there are over 800 participants which far surpasses anything in Zwift. And I know not all these people race all the rides in a league, but a good 100 or so will complete all 12 weeks of rides which makes the GC contention (excluding the stupid times) really challenging.

That answers some of my questions :smile:

Bkool has loads of (well covered already) flaws. But it still ticks boxes zwift doesn't.

But saying that I think it's far more likely zwift begins to offer some of these things, rather than bkool ever fixing it's problems.

bobinski

Legendary Member
Fwiw there are leagues, Masters league for example, but true to say they are thin on the ground. You cannot race masters though without proof of ID to confirm your age.
And there are of course communities and groups of racers that chat just like this on FB ( e.g. Zsun and zsun racing groups) and banter it's just it's not you lot. But now you are all getting your arses kicked coz a trainer performs even better than yours, well...:tongue: anything is possible. Perhaps not this winter.

Daddy Pig

Veteran
Bkool have let me know they are studying these rogue SC rides. At least that's something!

CXRAndy

Guru
I've gotta get one of them 'Elites' :laugh:

I can see an update coming :ohmy:

If those results stand, then there is no moderation of the league, making a mockery of it.

I complained last year about Pep tache. Flat power line with decreasing heart rate. Nothing was done the results stood.

On the flip side, my race last night, riders who were clearly in the wrong group were bumped up into the next group 15 mins after the race

Last edited:

bobinski

Legendary Member
Bkool have let me know they are studying these rogue SC rides. At least that's something!

Which ones?
The ones that show bkool trainer users having an advantage over nearly all other trainer users?
Or those that show Elite trainers having and advantage over bkool trainers?
:tongue:

How can I resist?!? ^_^

:hugs:

<Tommy>

Which ones?
The ones that show bkool trainer users having an advantage over nearly all other trainer users?
Or those that show Elite trainers having and advantage over bkool trainers?
:tongue:

How can I resist?!? ^_^

:hugs:

This isn't new information is it or am I missing something? Don't bkool classics have an advantage over bkool pro too? I'd always gone on the premise that in bkool land you can only really make a comparison between people on the same turbo, and even then it's not 100% level.

Do people discuss the advantages some trainers have over others over on zwift? I assume there's still the question of some trainers being able to put out more resistance than others?

Then of course you had people taking advantage of such quirks as the on / off technique. But you wouldn't know anything about that would you Bob :cuppa:

AAAC 76C

Large Member

They will probably come back and say that they can't find any positive evidence of the rides being incorrect .
Funny thing is you used to be able to delete your rides yourself so if, like Peps rides, you looked back and realized your ride was somehow void you just selected it in my activities and pressed delete, simple!

They probably removed it because people were deliberately repeating rides that they had a bad day on.

AAAC 76C

Large Member
Then of course you had people taking advantage of such quirks as the on / off technique. But you wouldn't know anything about that would you Bob :cuppa:

My wife uses the on/off technique, but mainly off.

BKool proactively did nothing about disadvantaged trainers and all the moaning minnies left and status quo returned.
This is a new era of unbalance in the 'cycle' of BKool doing nothing but making the Simulator look better rather than work better.
Strangely enough the relatively expensive Wahoo Kickr was once advantaged but they soon fixed that so we may find this Elite model at the very back of the field pretty soon.

AAAC 76C

Large Member
This isn't new information is it or am I missing something? Don't bkool classics have an advantage over bkool pro too? I'd always gone on the premise that in bkool land you can only really make a comparison between people on the same turbo, and even then it's not 100% level.

Do people discuss the advantages some trainers have over others over on zwift? I assume there's still the question of some trainers being able to put out more resistance than others?

In the beginning the early Classics were disadvantaged over Pro's until the Update that removed the Pro Sling because it didn't remove it from the Classic or early Pre-Ant Fec capable Pro's and I still have my old PCB knocking around ready for when I start on the slippery slope down.

Top Bottom