Team BKool CycleChat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

CXRAndy

Guru
This isn't new information is it or am I missing something? Don't bkool classics have an advantage over bkool pro too? I'd always gone on the premise that in bkool land you can only really make a comparison between people on the same turbo, and even then it's not 100% level.

Do people discuss the advantages some trainers have over others over on zwift? I assume there's still the question of some trainers being able to put out more resistance than others?

Then of course you had people taking advantage of such quirks as the on / off technique. But you wouldn't know anything about that would you Bob :cuppa:

The results and the close racing across multiple trainers suggest Zwift have pretty much got it spot on with levelling the playing field. Ironically the Bkool pro still has an advantage on Zwift, albeit with some speed swings. There is a new option to monitor the non standard trainers and build a profile over several sessions to make them equal with the rest of the bunch. It would be interesting to see if anyone is prepared to dedicate a number of rides to see if Zwift have nailed the profile?

Aaac, being too fast with the wrong trainer is just as boring as being slow. Remember you lowered your tyre pressure to try and equal the advantages your old trainer had over the pro unit. It says something when Bkool cant even match the performance over 2 different trainers that they make

Last edited:

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
The results and the close racing across multiple trainers suggest Zwift have pretty much got it spot on with levelling the playing field. Ironically the Bkool pro still has an advantage on Zwift, albeit with some speed swings. There is a new option to monitor the non standard trainers and build a profile over several sessions to make them equal with the rest of the bunch. It would be interesting to see if anyone is prepared to dedicate a number of rides to see if Zwift have nailed the profile?

Aaac, being too fast with the wrong trainer is just as boring as being slow. Remember you lowered your tyre pressure to try and equal the advantages your old trainer had over the pro unit. It says something when Bkool cant even match the performance over 2 different trainers that they make

But aren't all trainers limited by the maximum resistance they can produce? Or is there a way around that?

bobinski

Legendary Member
This isn't new information is it or am I missing something? Don't bkool classics have an advantage over bkool pro too? I'd always gone on the premise that in bkool land you can only really make a comparison between people on the same turbo, and even then it's not 100% level.

Do people discuss the advantages some trainers have over others over on zwift? I assume there's still the question of some trainers being able to put out more resistance than others?

Then of course you had people taking advantage of such quirks as the on / off technique. But you wouldn't know anything about that would you Bob :cuppa:

TT, I will put the latter part of your post down to the impertinence of youth :tongue:

Andy has answered the trainer comparison point. FWIW I have now using NEO caught up with or overhauled most of the PB's I set in Zwift on the pro. There are a few stubborn ones. The pro does give an advantage especially on the flat but not so much that I wouldn't welcome you all to Zwift with open arms. Even that upstart TT:okay:
:hugs:

Daddy Pig

Veteran
Which ones?
The ones that show bkool trainer users having an advantage over nearly all other trainer users?
Or those that show Elite trainers having and advantage over bkool trainers?
:tongue:

How can I resist?!? ^_^

:hugs:
51uT+djhESL._SL500_AC_SS350_.jpg

By the way @bobinski that's a male chicken...

AAAC 76C

Large Member
Fwiw there are leagues, Masters league for example, but true to say they are thin on the ground. You cannot race masters though without proof of ID to confirm your age.
And there are of course communities and groups of racers that chat just like this on FB ( e.g. Zsun and zsun racing groups) and banter it's just it's not you lot. But now you are all getting your arses kicked coz a trainer performs even better than yours, well...:tongue: anything is possible. Perhaps not this winter.

Another reason for not eloping to Zwift.
No one believes how old I am because of my youthful looks.

AAAC 76C

Large Member
Bkool have let me know they are studying these rogue SC rides. At least that's something!

Just had a look at the stats on S7 for two of the 'Elite' riders.
An average cadence of around 65 rpm and a similar average speed (in kph) is jnot at all suspicious so long as you have a 90T front chainring and an 11 sprocket.
This is obviously an input criteria issue i.e. however the speed is measured on the trainer BSim is multiplying it but it does not look like a factor of 2, more likely 1.5.
It's nothing to do with watts, just speed.

CXRAndy

Guru
That's the colour I was yesterday at the end of the PRS

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
I tried Zwift - I gave it 3 months. It was dull in comparison to BKool. Same courses all the time, no real way to compare progress, can't race my online friends, can't send @Brusgaard , I mean other Zwift riders, an email telling them I've beat them, can choose the style of ride (hill, velo, flat, descent) as with Zwift you get what you are given. Zwift is OK if training for something like the DD and you want a few hours of uninterupted cycling but that is all I found positive about it. For me, BKool as a platform is far superior in its offering, it's just the company that is lacking.

Zwift have offered me free kms of cycling each month to try and tempt me back, and I can't even be tempted to ride on there when it's free. For all BKools faults it will continue to get my money until another platform can prove to offer something better.

As for the turbos and differences. I don't mind small errors, but the ELITEs are currently way, way out. I'm pretty sure Zwift isn't an even playing field either across turbos, but then again in the real world we are rarely on an even playing field. I ride an inexpensive Boardman, TT rides a featherlike superbike Faster tyres, electronic gears, lighter bikes, aero wheels etc etc all give advantages in the real world, could be as much as 5-10% but that's life.

I don't mind that TT is faster that me in the real world, and think his superbike gives him too much advantage over my Halfords special ... I just think, as he pulls away, he'll be taking the wrong turn anyway and will still end up behind me :biggrin:

Brusgaard

Über Guru
I tried Zwift - I gave it 3 months. It was dull in comparison to BKool. Same courses all the time, no real way to compare progress, can't race my online friends, can't send @Brusgaard , I mean other Zwift riders, an email telling them I've beat them, can choose the style of ride (hill, velo, flat, descent) as with Zwift you get what you are given. Zwift is OK if training for something like the DD and you want a few hours of uninterupted cycling but that is all I found positive about it. For me, BKool as a platform is far superior in its offering, it's just the company that is lacking.

Zwift have offered me free kms of cycling each month to try and tempt me back, and I can't even be tempted to ride on there when it's free. For all BKools faults it will continue to get my money until another platform can prove to offer something better.

My points exactly! Oh, and I hope you liked my e-mail today? :laugh:

I think a stage a day for a week ( s1 twice and on Tuesday accidentally done the wrong stage s7 ) deserves a bottle of wine or 2 and a day of rest tomorrow . Only need s5 then I am up to date .. I have been using Bkool again this week because I got hit by a car a few week ago and do not feel like training on the road at the moment ..
Need the NOT like button. I hope your bike is OK.

Top Bottom