Team BKool CycleChat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

kipster

Guru

Rob H

Eat, Sleep, Climb, Repeat
WEll i have dial in on thursday booked to reset the system.

ho hum, outdoor riding for me. Mud was so bad tonight had to dip bike into canal to free up the crank:blink:

BILL S

Guru
WEll i have dial in on thursday booked to reset the system.

ho hum, outdoor riding for me. Mud was so bad tonight had to dip bike into canal to free up the crank:blink:
Loads more hassle than the bkool but more fun I'm sure. My memories of muddy dark midweek evenings on the mtb are a dim and distant memory. Loads of fun though I remember.

Rob H

Eat, Sleep, Climb, Repeat
Loads more hassle than the bkool but more fun I'm sure. My memories of muddy dark midweek evenings on the mtb are a dim and distant memory. Loads of fun though I remember.

THe mud was horrific, bloody green laners trash one descent we had to just slide down about a mile. Great fun tho^_^

Add

Diet starts tomorrow
You were doing really well when I last checked in, but no point in straining muscles, better to come back fresh another day.

I was so tempted to pack it in at the hour stage, I decided to slow down and see if I could keep going as I didn't want to do the whole thing again another day.

Funny thing was my heart rate never got very high, but I was wrecked at the end. It's a bit of a leg breaker, I would say, and I just couldn't push fast enough to get the heart rate any higher.

I had bad cramp afterwards as I didn't drink enough during the climb. Used rehydration tablets in my bottle and had lots of Diet Tonic afterwards and got through the night.

Do you use tablets? I find the High5 pink grapefruit quite pleasant and they do help reduce cramp.

Geoff
Ribena works for me! Basically tonnes of sugar. For that particular run, I had one bottle of Ribena, and one water with a hydration tablet in, but spanked both of them within the hour. Luckily my wife heard my desparate pleas for liquid and responded appropriately with more Ribena.

Top Bottom