Team BKool CycleChat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rob H

Eat, Sleep, Climb, Repeat
Lol you old dinosaur Add, Strava is where you upload your rides and runs and earn Kom's (king of the mountains) and segments etc, it gives you something to aim for and good info.
Say you uploaded one of your mountain efforts from Bkool you can upload it and you get lots of info on it, :see below.
https://app.strava.com/activities/240092769
On the compact question it may be easier to just read the link below.
http://www.chainreactionblogs.com/becky/2011/09/28/triple-or-compact-crank-what-should-i-get/

And now following you :addict:

And Bill S too :ninja:

And now following you :addict:

And Bill S too :ninja:
Yep got ya Rob :hugs:

Rob H

Eat, Sleep, Climb, Repeat
You're on Matey :gun:
Rtn Follow requested.

Small issue of getting the effing bkool to work now! ive logged a ticket and waiting to hear back. Hopefully they can dial in and sort.

Real MTB for me tonight instead now

Add

Diet starts tomorrow
Well you have dragged this dumbass builder, screaming and kicking into the 21st century. I have just signed up to Strava, for no other reason than to have praise and kudos bestowed upon me, for all of my sporting endeavours. Except probably my darts!

gbrown

Geoff on Bkool
I'll maybe give it a go and use some slowish ghosts if I can find out how to add them to a scheduled ride :blink:

I'm planning on tackling the climb tonight, say a 7pm start, aiming for 1 hour 40 - 1 hour 45, or just getting to the top. Anyone interested?

Way to go Geoff!
You know how to get a reluctant goat to the top of a mountain don't you!
:laugh::laugh::laugh:

If RunExeter or Kipster want to use my ghost as a steady pace to get up Col de la Bonette, I don't think either of you would have any trouble keeping up, and then pulling away in the latter stages.

My time was 1hr 47 mins 51 seconds; from previous long climbs I'm sure you could both handily beat this.

The best way to get a session is to challenge my result in the league page. You will also get Bill's previous attempt as his ghost was in the session I did, although he stopped about 2/3rds of the way up.

The bots are a bit wayward, I recommend you don't start the session directly but go into details and then disable Bots in the Set up before hitting the Start button.

upload_2015-2-23_16-47-15.png

upload_2015-2-23_16-47-40.png

One day I'll try it with the Slope reduction (I reckon 10%-15% should equal up my KICKR with my old Bkool Pro) :whistle:

Geoff

Last edited:

BILL S

Guru
I have a problem... my bkool will just not talk to the software, thats 2 different ant+ sticks (non garmin) an imac, a laptop and an ipad all tested...:banghead:

The software is picking up HRM and Cadence so isolated to the unit. Has anyone had this? any suggestions? im loathed to go via wiggle as ill not see it again till summer. ..

Did it work before without the HRM and Cadence? I think some of the guys have had troubles with these loaded in.

Last edited:

kipster

Guru
that was just too much today, legs went when the climb flattened out, it completely killed my rhythm and then I started to cramp. I did another bit, but couldn't shake the cramp off, no chance to change the cadence. Kudos to those that completed it :sad:

It gave me an hours exercise, and I'll have another bash at it another day, it wont defeat me again.

Last edited:

Add

Diet starts tomorrow
Thanks to Adam and Geoff for the words of encouragement, it did help spur me on, just a shame my legs weren't listening.
We've all had those days fella! If I wasn't such a pigheaded, stubborn terrible loser, and wasn't following Bill, I too would have crashed and burned.

BILL S

Guru
I was going to visit near the end but you'd stopped. There's still someone up there on Bonette doing it though. Don't know who as I couldn't get logged into their session.

BILL S

Guru
We've all had those days fella! If I wasn't such a pigheaded, stubborn terrible loser, and wasn't following Bill, I too would have crashed and burned.

I have some terrible days where I jump from one ride to another unable to make 250watts and then give up. Days like that its best to just not bother.

Reactions: Add
Top Bottom