Team BKool CycleChat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gbrown

Geoff on Bkool
nice quickie this eve: http://www.bkool.com/bkoolSessionHistory/showSessionSummary/1079825 got me veteran 1.. whatever that means.. is it explained on the Bkool site anywhere? I know there's an explanation somewhere in the depths of this thread, but cant find it lo....

Veteran 1 is not your fitness level, that's just based on your age.

Your fitness level is based on your 20 minute FTP test, or alternatively any run greater than 30 minutes that averages greater than your previous FTP-20.

It's based on Watts/Kg so your weight comes into it.

Take 95% of the average power over the 20 minutes of the FTP test (or any session over 30 minutes) and divide by your weight in Kg.

There's a table that gives the values for each fitness level ...

http://blog.bkool.com/2011/08/valores-wkg-de-cada-nivel-en-bkool.html

Geoff

gbrown

Geoff on Bkool
So how do I export my bkool sessions to strava? It won't let me select GPX on my laptop!!!

Use FIT, that imports into Strava perfectly.

Geoff

Reactions: Add
nice quickie this eve: http://www.bkool.com/bkoolSessionHistory/showSessionSummary/1079825 got me veteran 1.. whatever that means.. is it explained on the Bkool site anywhere? I know there's an explanation somewhere in the depths of this thread, but cant find it lo....
You get the Veteran1 from being 40-49, younger than that you would be Senior, then you got the old buggers Veteran 2 = 50-59 (Bill & Geoff :biggrin:) .
After that I don't know, maybe Veteran 3 = 60-69 but that's thinking ahead.
You also have Amateur 1, they work out:
Amateur 1-10
Active 1-10
Pro 1-10
Elite 1-10
Me thinks.

gbrown

Geoff on Bkool
that was just too much today, legs went when the climb flattened out, it completely killed my rhythm and then I started to cramp. I did another bit, but couldn't shake the cramp off, no chance to change the cadence. Kudos to those that completed it :sad:

It gave me an hours exercise, and I'll have another bash at it another day, it wont defeat me again.

You were doing really well when I last checked in, but no point in straining muscles, better to come back fresh another day.

I was so tempted to pack it in at the hour stage, I decided to slow down and see if I could keep going as I didn't want to do the whole thing again another day.

Funny thing was my heart rate never got very high, but I was wrecked at the end. It's a bit of a leg breaker, I would say, and I just couldn't push fast enough to get the heart rate any higher.

I had bad cramp afterwards as I didn't drink enough during the climb. Used rehydration tablets in my bottle and had lots of Diet Tonic afterwards and got through the night.

Do you use tablets? I find the High5 pink grapefruit quite pleasant and they do help reduce cramp.

Geoff

wardy_uk

Your fitness level is based on your 20 minute FTP test, or alternatively any run greater than 30 minutes that averages greater than your previous FTP-20.

It's based on Watts/Kg so your weight comes into it.

Take

Geoff

Geoff

Doh! Not seen it before, assumed it was new following by fitness test... lol thanks for the explanation

wardy_uk

160% effort. That's pretty good to say the least.

Was only a very short ride, thats why lol... ;)

kipster

Guru
You were doing really well when I last checked in, but no point in straining muscles, better to come back fresh another day.

I was so tempted to pack it in at the hour stage, I decided to slow down and see if I could keep going as I didn't want to do the whole thing again another day.

Funny thing was my heart rate never got very high, but I was wrecked at the end. It's a bit of a leg breaker, I would say, and I just couldn't push fast enough to get the heart rate any higher.

I had bad cramp afterwards as I didn't drink enough during the climb. Used rehydration tablets in my bottle and had lots of Diet Tonic afterwards and got through the night.

Do you use tablets? I find the High5 pink grapefruit quite pleasant and they do help reduce cramp.

Geoff

I've got some sis ones but didn't use them on the ride, next time....

My heart rate was steady at under 170 and I didn't feel at all tired on the ride, just the legs gave up. It's not happened before, so a new experience for me. The only time I've cramped on the bike was right at the end of a 100 mile ride, just as I finished, but it was an odd ride starting at 2am and riding until 8:30am, and I missed a feed station.

Right now I feel great apart from the calf and thigh muscles tingling away.

kipster

Guru
"Bkool Cyclechat" Strava club created with an image of a strange goat to make it easy to find.

I've made it private so will put any username queries in here.

Top Bottom