Team BKool CycleChat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Del C

Veteran
I'm torn ... the leagues not updating is the killer for me. I put so much effort in and when they don't update I get so frustrated.

Yep even in my short time here I've had this happen.

I knocked 4 minutes off one of the Summer Cup stages in a re-run and it disappeared into a black hole.

I emailed them, got no reply, and then it finally appeared days later. I had the same feeling that after putting in a load of effort I did actually want to see it on the league times.

Bored Man

Upstanding Member
I used to measure fitness by attempting to cycle regular routes on Bkool and gaining pb,s, but since the last few updates, it is so much harder and I can’t get anywhere near them now, that’s slightly frustrating. The best thing for me is that I hit the spring Sportive’s feeling and performing very well. I posted my first century and in the very early months of the year, I was regularly beating @whortface, before he got involved in TUE,s...

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
I used to measure fitness by attempting to cycle regular routes on Bkool and gaining pb,s, but since the last few updates, it is so much harder and I can’t get anywhere near them now, that’s slightly frustrating. The best thing for me is that I hit the spring Sportive’s feeling and performing very well. I posted my first century and in the very early months of the year, I was regularly beating @whortface, before he got involved in TUE,s...
:whistle:

Whorty

Yep even in my short time here I've had this happen.

I knocked 4 minutes off one of the Summer Cup stages in a re-run and it disappeared into a black hole.

I emailed them, got no reply, and then it finally appeared days later. I had the same feeling that after putting in a load of effort I did actually want to see it on the league times.
When that happens it's because they will have a setting on the rides that will require a manual approval for rids where you improve your time (they also check for weight changes and a few other settings). As they have a thousand or so racers, and 12 stages, there could be thousands of these rides sitting waiting to be approved. It takes them time to get around to it. I don't know why they don't just set it to auto approve!??!

Daddy Pig

Veteran
I thought it was electrical doping...?

Daddy Pig

Veteran
When that happens it's because they will have a setting on the rides that will require a manual approval for rids where you improve your time (they also check for weight changes and a few other settings). As they have a thousand or so racers, and 12 stages, there could be thousands of these rides sitting waiting to be approved. It takes them time to get around to it. I don't know why they don't just set it to auto approve!??!
But silly watts per kg will happily go through..

Whorty

But silly watts per kg will happily go through..
Exactly. No check for that on their list. Can't be that hard to put a check saying anything over say 5 watts per kilo gets flagged up. I know the guys in Zwift take things a little too seriously, but anything over 5 and you have to get official real life approved numbers to prove you can really produce those numbers and you're not cheating. A bit too far but Bkool could do something to make themselves look less silly!

AAAC 76C

Large Member
I don’t post on here as much as I used to do due to the pain and emotional loss of losing my virtual friends to the dark side .
In summary - if my Pro dies, I’ll buy another. I don’t care about watts or whether it isn’t like the real world, I just want to keep fit and drink beer.

And I hope they all get to read this Jim.
So cruel are those that have left you!:cry:
Me and @BILL S will always keep you company through your dark northern nights.:sun:

bobinski

Legendary Member
Exactly. No check for that on their list. Can't be that hard to put a check saying anything over say 5 watts per kilo gets flagged up. I know the guys in Zwift take things a little too seriously, but anything over 5 and you have to get official real life approved numbers to prove you can really produce those numbers and you're not cheating. A bit too far but Bkool could do something to make themselves look less silly!

Fwiw I don’t agree. There are a lot of competitive racers who have been looking for an reasonably accurate online racing platform for some time. If you are an A cat racer at 4w plus then most will want to know that someone isn’t weight or trainer doping. A link to Strava which is required for ZP anyway, and comparison with irl rides doesn’t sound like too much to me. It sounds perfectly reasonable. Cheaters gonna cheat and cheats gonna dope but why make life easier for them? Cat B and below doesn’t really matter.
Anyways, we know our Danish friends take bkool racing seriously and why not. If bkool has listened to and shared with them so that improvements were made then you may not have seen the exodus. You may even have seen a growing platform. Still not too late.
I

Whorty

Fwiw I don’t agree. There are a lot of competitive racers who have been looking for an reasonably accurate online racing platform for some time. If you are an A cat racer at 4w plus then most will want to know that someone isn’t weight or trainer doping. A link to Strava which is required for ZP anyway, and comparison with irl rides doesn’t sound like too much to me. It sounds perfectly reasonable. Cheaters gonna cheat and cheats gonna dope but why make life easier for them? Cat B and below doesn’t really matter.
Anyways, we know our Danish friends take bkool racing seriously and why not. If bkool has listened to and shared with them so that improvements were made then you may not have seen the exodus. You may even have seen a growing platform. Still not too late.
I
For me, if you're a serious racer then go do it in the real world not on a cartoon simulator. Swift and bkool are games and shouldn't be taken seriously. Incorrect, stupid times should be removed, but who really cares if someone is weight doping, or has a trainer that gives them an advantage? I want to compete with those who are as fast as me, how they get that speed and whether they are actually that fast in real life is irrelevant to me. Its a bit of fun to get fit but I want the organisers to keep the leagues updated.

And fwiw Bob, I take it as a given you won't agree with anything I sày.

Claude22

Regular
I have been lurking here all summer. I jumped on in the spring after an elbow fracture kept me off the road. Followed the summer cup then came back on the road recently only to find I've gotten too fast for my usual cycling group. Now summer cup is over too so I am lonely both actually and virtually. What groups can I join for fall?
I sent a request for CG but never got approved :sad:

Whorty

I have been lurking here all summer. I jumped on in the spring after an elbow fracture kept me off the road. Followed the summer cup then came back on the road recently only to find I've gotten too fast for my usual cycling group. Now summer cup is over too so I am lonely both actually and virtually. What groups can I join for fall?
I sent a request for CG but never got approved :sad:
Now you've introduced yourself (and welcome :okay:) if you let us know your bkool user name @BILL S should be able to find you and approve you. Next cg league starts tomorrow with first live race 7pm Thursday

Top Bottom