Team BKool CycleChat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

theboxers

TheBoxers on Cycle Sim sw
Does the road link attach to the original hanger and the derailer then attaches to the road link?
Roadlink to the original deraileur attachment point and then deraileur to the Roadlink. The only kink, not in the destuctions afaict, is the need for a spacer behind the mtb cassette on a road wheel, I used one from the Sram cassette. No other changes so far.

Gear changes have been clean and without problem so far. Oh I did also change the chain as the original was too short.

Last edited:

theboxers

TheBoxers on Cycle Sim sw
You will probably loose some of the crispness in shifting if the top derailleur pivot start getting too far away from the smaller sprockets.
The idea is that the geometry of the parallelogram follows the change in sprocket radius as it swings in hence road rear mechs having smaller capacities than mountain bike rear mechs.
I am assuming you have a 105 mech on the back looking at the decal.
Yes 105 mech that came with the bike and was used for a 32 cassette. I put a sram 36 on with just an adjustment to the b screw. I rarely inhabit the lower end of the cassette at the moment so I will put up with the slightly slower changes there. But so far no real problems. I could probably tune the system a bit but I have no need at this time.

AAAC 76C

Large Member
Yes 105 mech that came with the bike and was used for a 32 cassette. I put a sram 36 on with just an adjustment to the b screw. I rarely inhabit the lower end of the cassette at the moment so I will put up with the slightly slower changes there. But so far no real problems. I could probably tune the system a bit but I have no need at this time.

That said you would loose more crispness from a slightly slow moving cable, like when they start fraying slowing inside of the brifter.
It gets worse so slowly you don't notice it until it breaks ans=d then you fit a new cable and you can't believe how you put up with it like it was.

BILL S

Guru
I tried to release rides earlier but not convinced bkool is playing ball. I saw @AAAC 76C ride too and tried to release that too.not sure if bill will have any more luck.

No more luck for me either. I've no idea why all the runs didn't close at the end of the league as they (I thought) were set up to do. New league set up today and while picking the routes spotted @AAAC 76C 's ghost as an amateur 3 :giggle:

Marino.g

Veteran
Hi guys
I'm back in the loop after my travels.
Put on a few pounds after the fast food in the USA but then counter balanced it with some good food in Cyprus.

Is there anybody left to compete with as it looks like a few might have gone over to the gaming site Zwift even though the bkool trainer dosen't seem to work properly with there platform.

I've just tried instralling the update and as usual I've got the usual error so I'm currently in thr process of a complete uninstall and reinstall.
Once it's done I'll do a gentle amble to see if everything still works!

AAAC 76C

Large Member
No more luck for me either. I've no idea why all the runs didn't close at the end of the league as they (I thought) were set up to do. New league set up today and while picking the routes spotted @AAAC 76C 's ghost as an amateur 3 :giggle:

And it wasn't so long ago.
Took me a season an a half to get my cycling legs back after getting the ticker sorted out as I had laid of any real effort since about 2004 when the angina started kicking in.
Running and walking with the dogs was about all I did for a good few years.
Here I am having a resting the dogs after a long walk:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSa8NQfi4t4ia682K4llgAd7L6xbNOCLmk1IQ9Fhv2cGVlpkvu7.jpg

Daddy Pig

Veteran
So bkool are advertising the winter cup. The question is can anyone be arsed to enter this time around?

BILL S

Guru
And it wasn't so long ago.
Took me a season an a half to get my cycling legs back after getting the ticker sorted out as I had laid of any real effort since about 2004 when the angina started kicking in.
Running and walking with the dogs was about all I did for a good few years.
Here I am having a resting the dogs after a long walk:

View attachment 380863
You did well to come back from the Abyss. I was at my least fit at about 30 after not having cycled since being 15 and spending most of my spare time since then in the pub. Reckon I could have probably mustered an Amateur 5 though. :cheers::bicycle:

Daddy Pig

Veteran
You did well to come back from the Abyss. I was at my least fit at about 30 after not having cycled since being 15 and spending most of my spare time since then in the pub. Reckon I could have probably mustered an Amateur 5 though. :cheers::bicycle:
I think I'm heading back to amateur 5!

Top Bottom