Team BKool CycleChat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
When I join next week I’m tempted to reduce my weight to try to allow for the difference in trainers. I watched Andy get run over last night while putting out 300w, and I’d rather try tinker with the weight setting so I can race / draft with people.

It’s very trial and error I guess, and means whether I end up slower or faster than someone on the road it might not bear much relation to actual form between us. But I think it’s better than a lonely race.

The other alternative is that @gbrown, you drastically change my handicap to allow for the difference in turbo. But then I think I’d get frustrated when I can’t copmete in sprints etc.

This is obv a problem for everyone that uses a power meter. Is everyone doing the rouvy experiment on a BKOOL pro? It might be useful if someone joins up on a power meter based turbo, so we can compare results. I don’t mind having a go if you need someone.

Bored Man

Upstanding Member
Yeah I think that's the best way of doing it actually. Joining at the correct time is one of those things that used to be much more straightforward in the previous version of Bsim!

As for Keith's point about finding the correct session when there's more than one running, best practice is to search for the session by the name of someone you know is currently on course, rather than the course name

When searching I enter CycleChat in the name field as there's usually someone in there with Team CycleChat after their name. Works for me.

Breedon

Legendary Member
When I join next week I’m tempted to reduce my weight to try to allow for the difference in trainers. I watched Andy get run over last night while putting out 300w, and I’d rather try tinker with the weight setting so I can race / draft with people.

It’s very trial and error I guess, and means whether I end up slower or faster than someone on the road it might not bear much relation to actual form between us. But I think it’s better than a lonely race.

The other alternative is that @gbrown, you drastically change my handicap to allow for the difference in turbo. But then I think I’d get frustrated when I can’t copmete in sprints etc.

This is obv a problem for everyone that uses a power meter. Is everyone doing the rouvy experiment on a BKOOL pro? It might be useful if someone joins up on a power meter based turbo, so we can compare results. I don’t mind having a go if you need someone.
I'll be on my neo

bridgy

Legendary Member

I thought you had your Bkool Pro set up as well currently to do the Nations Cup league?

keithaitch

Veteran

Tommy it would be brilliant if you could join data and opinions we have the more informed any decision we end up taking .I'll be posting a rouvy update this afternoon including how to join tomorrows race.

<Tommy>

I thought you had your Bkool Pro set up as well currently to do the Nations Cup league?

I do but it brings its own problems. The noise and vibration being the main one. I’m all set up in the spare room which is at the top of the house. If I use the BKOOL pro the vibration travels through the house and probably to the house next door too... my missus actually said she could hear it from halfway down the street when I did the qualifier. I can just about get away with it if I say to the family it’s one session a week on a Sunday. But it’ll go down like a lead balloon if I start at 7 at night. Its why BKOOL crashing this weekend has been a royal pain. I’ve got one shot at each stage probably. What with the first stage being a bit questionable... and missing last Sunday. Depending on when the league finishes I’ll proably be trying to qualify doing back to back races from now on.

Needlesss to say I’m ready and happy to cheer you boys on from the sofa if I don’t make the team!

keithaitch

Veteran
I do but it brings its own problems. The noise and vibration being the main one. I’m all set up in the spare room which is at the top of the house. If I use the BKOOL pro the vibration travels through the house and probably to the house next door too... my missus actually said she could hear it from halfway down the street when I did the qualifier. I can just about get away with it if I say to the family it’s one session a week on a Sunday. But it’ll go down like a lead balloon if I start at 7 at night. Its why BKOOL crashing this weekend has been a royal pain. I’ve got one shot at each stage probably. What with the first stage being a bit questionable... and missing last Sunday. Depending on when the league finishes I’ll proably be trying to qualify doing back to back races from now on.

Needlesss to say I’m ready and happy to cheer you boys on from the sofa if I don’t make the team!
I don't want to speak out of turn, especially as I am so new to the forum, but I think given the circumstances we could perhaps extend the qualifying deadline, especially as we aren't reliant on bkool for the qualifying league results. I think you having taken part last year means special consideration, particularly for your family! is in order. This isn't just a tactic like @BILL S to get me out honourably out of a qualifying place!

BILL S

Guru
I don't want to speak out of turn, especially as I am so new to the forum, but I think given the circumstances we could perhaps extend the qualifying deadline, especially as we aren't reliant on bkool for the qualifying league results. I think you having taken part last year means special consideration, particularly for your family! is in order. This isn't just a tactic like @BILL S to get me out honourably out of a qualifying place!

Keith, are you implying that you think I'm not 100% committed to getting a place in the Nations Cup? :tongue:
I honestly don't mind being in the team, and any pressure to do well last year came only from myself. Worst case scenario is I take home 3 points for the team and I get 2 weeks on the sofa afterwards for my trouble. :tired::hungry::cuppa::cheers:

edit: Well that might not exactly be the worst case scenario, but we won't go into that.
Actually, having said that, the legs hurt so much towards the end that the heart rate ends up quite low so it might in reality be safer than a typical Thursday evening :smile:

<Tommy>

Haha! No special treatment mate, I’m far too proud! Besides there’s so much competition I might not qualify anyways. It’ll work itself out one way or the other. If I can do two each weekend it’ll be fine. Very thoughtful of you though bud :smile:

keithaitch

Veteran
Keith, are you implying that you think I'm not 100% committed to getting a place in the Nations Cup? :tongue:
I honestly don't mind being in the team, and any pressure to do well last year came only from myself. Worst case scenario is I take home 3 points for the team and I get 2 weeks on the sofa afterwards for my trouble. :tired::hungry::cuppa::cheers:

edit: Well that might not exactly be the worst case scenario, but we won't go into that.
Actually, having said that, the legs hurt so much towards the end that the heart rate ends up quite low so it might in reality be safer than a typical Thursday evening :smile:
BillB I'm desperate to qualify and have studied at the Alex Ferguson school of mind games under professor Mourhino! After last night I am not looking forward to trying to hold onto your jersey tails tomorrow night! I predict a restless night's sleep for me tonight.

Steve

Geoff - thanks for setting up the handicap and apologies for my absence, hope to make the next one, as a penance i rode NC2 this morning, Keith - i've entered my time of 1:13:26 on the spreadsheet, is it programmed to recognize that my time is now the slowest and will add the 10% to it

JJRobinson

When searching I enter CycleChat in the name field as there's usually someone in there with Team CycleChat after their name. Works for me.
On this, I entered (Team Cyclechat) after my nickname but still doesn’t show in SIM. Is there another field I should update?
Cheers

theboxers

TheBoxers on Cycle Sim sw
On this, I entered (Team Cyclechat) after my nickname but still doesn’t show in SIM. Is there another field I should update?
Cheers
My full nick is 'the boxers (cyclechat mammoth)'. In the sim on the leader board on the left it now just shows 'the boxers' (iirc it used to be the full nick), on the name tag above a rider in 3D has the full name, bkool for ya.

When viewing the riders list in a ride/session it shows the full nick iirc.

Top Bottom