Team BKool CycleChat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bridgy

Legendary Member
Double Fek Bridgy.
Two minutes apart on the road but.
1) Only 4 seconds difference
2) Only 3.5 watts difference
3) Only 0.2 w/kg difference

View attachment 391806
Wow! Well it shows Geoff got the handicap start times right for us even if neither of us managed to actually start then!

Well done all, and thanks a lot @gbrown that was great fun. And will only get better as we get a bit slicker with the setup and starts!

Bored Man

Upstanding Member
What else!

erm... thank you very much Mr. Keithy..?

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
Thanks for tow @Whorty you're a star. Thank you for thanking me for the tow @AAAC 76C - I feel very special now. Thank you for painting the road whoever painted the road. Yorkshire #1.. :thumbsup:

According to Bkool I completed the ride in just over 19 hours..

I rode the Bored Man tonight and enjoyed its first ride since pimping it. Felt good.. gears a little sticky.. but good.

Thanks chaps..:hugs: and uncle Geoff.
You're welcome :okay:

Whorty

aha ...there they are....my lungs! Now I just need to find them legs...Actually they failed me today so they might as well be lost for the time being (damn you, legs!). Thanks to @keithaitch and @JJRobinson for the tow, although I could not latch on for very long. Felt I was in nowhere land for the first third and tried way way too hard to catch up with @Whorty, realising far too late that that wasn't going to happen.

Great fun though! this is what it should be like!

thanks for organising it!
I could see you constantly pushing on which kept me working really hard. Legs a bit shot now!

Whorty

Wow! Well it shows Geoff got the handicap start times right for us even if neither of us managed to actually start then!

Well done all, and thanks a lot @gbrown that was great fun. And will only get better as we get a bit slicker with the setup and starts!
I knocked a minute off my previous time hence why I was about a minute on the road ahead of you guys. With my new time it will be even closer next week :laugh:

gbrown

Geoff on Bkool
Now for my favourite part of the handicap races - the bit where all those people currently feeling quite smug and pleased with their performance see what Geoff's done with their handicap for the next one :evil:

OK, here goes...

Classification based on corrected times (Moving Time + Start Time)

Congratulations to Aleman for winning and the biggest improvement, and therefore the biggest increase in Handicap for next time!
Congratulations also to Whorty for a 1.8 minute improvment, and AAAC for the fastest time before Handicap

Big cuts to handicaps for Adski, CXRAndy and Daddy Pig for next time!

upload_2018-1-16_23-0-42.png

Here are the Moving Times only

upload_2018-1-16_23-2-55.png

And many thanks to @BILL S for starting the session! :thumbsup:

Geoff

Last edited:

gbrown

Geoff on Bkool
And here are the provisional handicaps for the next chase... :evil:

upload_2018-1-16_23-8-8.png

keithaitch

Veteran
Wow,@gbrown huge Thx for all of this. I can't wait for next Tuesday night. Perhaps a less popular course might eliminate some of the starting confusion ,especially for us newbies, and help us all get off at our allotted times Thx again, for your work, it's really appreciated.

keithaitch

Veteran
@keithaitch

Got a reply from them this morning.

Support for Mac OS is "on a plan, but unfortunately, we don't have any exact date for this update. Hopefully, it will be available for the next season."

No information about when the 'next season' is, but guessing on software development and test cycles I'd assume that with no current planned date the earliest it could be is mid 2018
Del I noticed the app is available for iPad and iphone if that is any help.

Rod McG

Über Member
Joining the handicap session is always a bit of a struggle - to get going at the correct time. For me it would be easiest to start, with the correct password, well in advance then click the "No, start at the beginning" at my start time. This requires an accurate clock, with seconds, but if correct, would be much easier. Will it work?
I'm away skiing next week but will try it when I get back.

BILL S

Guru
OK, here goes...

Classification based on corrected times (Moving Time + Start Time)

Congratulations to Aleman for winning and the biggest improvement, and therefore the biggest increase in Handicap for next time!
Congratulations also to Whorty for a 1.8 minute improvment, and AAAC for the fastest time before Handicap

Big cuts to handicaps for Adski, CXRAndy and Daddy Pig for next time!

View attachment 391826

Here are the Moving Times only

View attachment 391827

And many thanks to @BILL S for starting the session! :thumbsup:

Geoff

And many thanks for running this again Geoff. :thumbsup:
If continuing with the Handicap Chase are you thinking of setting up a league? What I noticed last night was that the password worked when setting up while scheduling the session, but possibly not when setting up in the sim. Not sure if this could be a change within bkool or not but you never know with them.

bridgy

Legendary Member
Joining the handicap session is always a bit of a struggle - to get going at the correct time. For me it would be easiest to start, with the correct password, well in advance then click the "No, start at the beginning" at my start time. This requires an accurate clock, with seconds, but if correct, would be much easier. Will it work?
I'm away skiing next week but will try it when I get back.
Yeah I think that's the best way of doing it actually. Joining at the correct time is one of those things that used to be much more straightforward in the previous version of Bsim!

As for Keith's point about finding the correct session when there's more than one running, best practice is to search for the session by the name of someone you know is currently on course, rather than the course name

Del C

Veteran
Del I noticed the app is available for iPad and iphone if that is any help.
Yes I saw that.

I've got an old iPad mini but I'm not sure its really the answer. I'll take a look. I may be able to link it to my monitor through an old Apple TV, but I don't think I'd want to be following a route on an iPad or iPhone screen. Having said that I have watched the TdF on an iPhone before!

Last edited:
Top Bottom