Team BKool CycleChat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Breedon

Legendary Member
[QUOTE="TurboTommy, post: 5156719, member:
I’m on the brink of ordering a new frame myself. But it sounds like today belongs to Geoff :hyper:[/QUOTE]
AND!!!!!!
come on don't leave us hanging.

gbrown

Geoff on Bkool
I'm in 2 minds about ordering a quarq power meter and sram etap for disk brakes for France as a treat ^_^ did think about some climbing carbon wheels as well:whistle:

If climbing I'd go for the WiFli so you can put up to a 32t on it. :girldance:

Re: Lightweight carbon disc brake wheels, I really like the look (or weight) of the Roval CLX32.

Last edited:

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
Ooh what are you thinking of ordering? n+1 and all that...

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/4nil123e47gu0ms/AAAkd-JQginpi_JwSiahNQ9Ha?dl=0

Made a few changes during the build, swapped the cassette from 11-28 to 11-30 (need all the help I can get) and put on tubeless 25mm tyres (actually measure 28.75mm on the wide wheels).

We also hid a Bluetooth D-Fly in the stem and swapped the junction box for a bar end one. The LBS very cleverly ran the wire up the outside of the bar to the lever, as we didn't want to drill the carbon bars, which have a layer of elastomer woven into the carbon to soak up vibration.

Finished off with Garmin Vector 3 pedals to see how few miserable watts I'm putting out.

The epitome of all the gear and no idea! I hate to think how many points I'll lose every time I'm overtaken by a little old lady on a shopping bike... :shy:

That looks perfect Geoff! Wow. Congratulations mate! Really smart build. It makes a lot of sense. Not sure those handlebars are going to do anything a bit less air in your front tyre wouldn’t do but I’m interested to see what you think of them. So many nice bits on that bike mate. It’s definitely going to put a smile on your face! No shame in a 30 on the cassette. Froome uses a 32 in hilly days.

I’m definitely in n+1 mode... looking at Italian beauty’s at the moment...

CDFACB85-8091-41A9-9E14-45275F16465C.png

Colour is the big question. Well that and whether my missus will put a brick over my head. But that’s going to happen sooner or later anyway so feck it.

I love black bikes. I like the fact their not too flashy which helps in central London, and also kind of classic looking. But maybe Italian machines demand a bit more pizzazz.

theboxers

TheBoxers on Cycle Sim sw
Help!!!!! I needs some advice. The turbo has started sounding like a hammer drill on start up and the resistance is all over the place, but mainly harder. I've tried the power on/off/on and not had much luck, still sound like a hammer drill.

What can I do other than what I've done. I good at taking stuff apart, not had much luck when putting said stuff back together.

bridgy

Legendary Member

Made a few changes during the build, swapped the cassette from 11-28 to 11-30 (need all the help I can get) and put on tubeless 25mm tyres (actually measure 28.75mm on the wide wheels).

We also hid a Bluetooth D-Fly in the stem and swapped the junction box for a bar end one. The LBS very cleverly ran the wire up the outside of the bar to the lever, as we didn't want to drill the carbon bars, which have a layer of elastomer woven into the carbon to soak up vibration.

Finished off with Garmin Vector 3 pedals to see how few miserable watts I'm putting out.

The epitome of all the gear and no idea! I hate to think how many points I'll lose every time I'm overtaken by a little old lady on a shopping bike... :shy:
That is a lovely looking bike Geoff, I like that a lot. The colour scheme is really good too - Tommy's right, black is best :okay:

AAAC 76C

Large Member
Help!!!!! I needs some advice. The turbo has started sounding like a hammer drill on start up and the resistance is all over the place, but mainly harder. I've tried the power on/off/on and not had much luck, still sound like a hammer drill.

What can I do other than what I've done. I good at taking stuff apart, not had much luck when putting said stuff back together.

Sounds like the stepper motor has got itself stuck.
When it winds into the lowest resistance it is very close to getting stuck.
Take the covers off, undo the two screws hold the stepper motor on and slide it out backwards.
No need to undo the small cable connection to the PCB but be sure not to strain it.
Once the stepper motor and magnet carrier are free from the turbo wind the carrier by hand down the brass screw.
If it was a bit tight to start with that confirms the diagnosis.
To prevent this happening again try and get some small thin washers between the stepper motor and the trainer body before putting the two screws back in.

Before you do any dismantling once you have the covers of switch the turbo on and look see what it going on. Press the reset motor a couple of times if need be.
Happy to send some phots if you need them.

peterob

Veteran

Nice :thumbsup:

AAAC 76C

Large Member

I think you need a longer roof rack GB!

peterob

Veteran
From their facebook page....

In 1 hour, we will be carrying out some maintenance work. Both the Bkool simulator and website will be unavailable for a couple of hours. The main changes will include:

- New FTP calculation method based on the training hours/gender/age and weight.

We hope you enjoy the latest improvements and we apologise for the inconvenience caused.

Not sure what they've done to the FTP calculation, but I've just done CG3 and........
elite.png

Hmmmm :eek:

theboxers

TheBoxers on Cycle Sim sw
Sounds like the stepper motor has got itself stuck.
When it winds into the lowest resistance it is very close to getting stuck.
Take the covers off, undo the two screws hold the stepper motor on and slide it out backwards.
No need to undo the small cable connection to the PCB but be sure not to strain it.
Once the stepper motor and magnet carrier are free from the turbo wind the carrier by hand down the brass screw.
If it was a bit tight to start with that confirms the diagnosis.
To prevent this happening again try and get some small thin washers between the stepper motor and the trainer body before putting the two screws back in.

Before you do any dismantling once you have the covers of switch the turbo on and look see what it going on. Press the reset motor a couple of times if need be.
Happy to send some phots if you need them.
Thanks. Pics would be helpful.

Top Bottom