Team BKool CycleChat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bobinski

Legendary Member
Geoff, that is v nice:thumbsup:

Breedon

Legendary Member
Help!!!!! I needs some advice. The turbo has started sounding like a hammer drill on start up and the resistance is all over the place, but mainly harder. I've tried the power on/off/on and not had much luck, still sound like a hammer drill.

What can I do other than what I've done. I good at taking stuff apart, not had much luck when putting said stuff back together.
Sounds like it's fked get a new one :tongue: i have my classic with some cosmetic damage if you can't get a new one for a while.

theboxers

TheBoxers on Cycle Sim sw
Sounds like it's fked get a new one :tongue: i have my classic with some cosmetic damage if you can't get a new one for a while.
Luckily or not I have access to a pro (should please @Jim Brown on the LEJoG league :whistle:). It arrives tomorrow. Once I've got up and running on that I'll have a go at fixing the classic. If no luck I' may give you a shout. Thank you.

AAAC 76C

Large Member
Thanks. Pics would be helpful.
This is the stepper motor
The green arrow is showing the magnet carrier tight up against the stepper motor body.
The blue arrow points to one of the two flanges that holds the motor to the turbo body with two screws.
Try and get a small washer under each of the two flanges when you put it back together.

Stepper 1.jpg

This is the stepper motor with the magnet carrier wound off of the stepper body.
Assemble it back together like this.
Don't wind it off too far mind as you will struggle getting the motor tight against the body because of the magnetic attraction with the flywheel.

stepper 3.jpg

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
This shows Froome's power for specific climbs, early part of the race and entire race.
http://road.cc/content/news/237232-...ta-del-sol-team-sky-defends-his-decision-race
Normal figures, alot of us can achieve, just not repeatedly. Power of recovery the Professional riders are astounding
Froomey did 5 hours 21 mins with an average of 254 watts. Tonight I did a 30 minute stint on Bkool velo on the Kickr (so hopefully accurate watts) and averaged 255. I just need to keep it going for another 4 hours 50 mins and I'll be the same as Froomey :eek:

theboxers

This is the stepper motor
The green arrow is showing the magnet carrier tight up against the stepper motor body.
The blue arrow points to one of the two flanges that holds the motor to the turbo body with two screws.
Try and get a small washer under each of the two flanges when you put it back together.

View attachment 396647

This is the stepper motor with the magnet carrier wound off of the stepper body.
Assemble it back together like this.
Don't wind it off too far mind as you will struggle getting the motor tight against the body because of the magnetic attraction with the flywheel.

View attachment 396648
Thanks @AAAC 76C I'll give it a go on, probably, Wednesday. Smoke alarm with new battery and fire extiguisher standing by.

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
Froomey did 5 hours 21 mins with an average of 254 watts. Tonight I did a 30 minute stint on Bkool velo on the Kickr (so hopefully accurate watts) and averaged 255. I just need to keep it going for another 4 hours 50 mins and I'll be the same as Froomey :eek:

Froome may have won a couple of big races. But he ain’t part of the CycleChat crew :hugs:

theboxers

The trouble is that he is at tickover. You'll be at 95+%.

I'm getting up there in power, just can't hold it for long. I'll need to get back into the drome to do a few 30minute sessions (enjoying LEJoG to much at the moment though). :bicycle:

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
The trouble is that he is at tickover. You'll be at 95+%.

I'm getting up there in power, just can't hold it for long. I'll need to get back into the drome to do a few 30minute sessions (enjoying LEJoG to much at the moment though). :bicycle:
More like 100% - that was my max. My aim was either 30 minutes, or when the ave watts dropped to 250, whichever came first. Thankfully I held on to set a real FTP of 255 so chuffed :okay:

Last edited:
Top Bottom