Team BKool CycleChat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

perswe

Über Member
Did the last CG stage this afternoon. Tried to keep up with @Brusgaard but I lost 40 sec on the first downhill section and then kept loosing ground. Pedalled like a madman the first couple of kms but was out of legs, out of breath and out of chainring to keep up downhill. But to be honest, a bigger chainring wouldn't have made me go any faster as I didn't have anymore in me anyway. I threw in a few appropriate ghosts I could find to pace me, but they decided to to either go too slow when I needed them to go fast or go fast when I wanted to cool down behind them. Bastards! Towards the end I had the benefit of drafting from @BILL S ...so thank you for that!

Goldwolfie

Veteran
Did the last CG stage this afternoon. Tried to keep up with @Brusgaard but I lost 40 sec on the first downhill section and then kept loosing ground. Pedalled like a madman the first couple of kms but was out of legs, out of breath and out of chainring to keep up downhill. But to be honest, a bigger chainring wouldn't have made me go any faster as I didn't have anymore in me anyway. I threw in a few appropriate ghosts I could find to pace me, but they decided to to either go too slow when I needed them to go fast or go fast when I wanted to cool down behind them. Bastards! Towards the end I had the benefit of drafting from @BILL S ...so thank you for that!
I also had a go at the last CG stage this afternoon, but it looks like our efforts may not count as My Attempt is showing a Red cross against completed date.

I thought the Leagues finished today, but heh ho, it was good exercise, and I quite enjoyed that course, as there was very few uphill bits.

Brusgaard

Über Guru
Did the last CG stage this afternoon. Tried to keep up with @Brusgaard but I lost 40 sec on the first downhill section and then kept loosing ground. Pedalled like a madman the first couple of kms but was out of legs, out of breath and out of chainring to keep up downhill.

Well, had you watched the video, you would have known that I was riding with AAAC and Peterob the first 2-3 km, thus a pretty tough job for you alone to catch us/me. :heat:

Brusgaard

Über Guru
I see you use Bkoo
l Pro for Bkool SIM. I can state with confidence that's because you're not competitive with the Direto on Bkool SIM. Therefore competition is important to you, maybe the result is too?

Of course, competition is fun, but results are too. Who wants to go to a gunfight only equipped with knives?

Have not tried the Direto in a real “counting” race i BSim, only test/group rides. And of course I was penalized, but that is hardly news for anyone.

CXRAndy

Guru
Of course, competition is fun, but results are too. Who wants to go to a gunfight only equipped with knives?

That is the nub of the matter, a platform which gives everyone an equal field to compete upon. Zwift offers that. Bkool invariably doesn't even for its own trainers, as 'fairy dust' performance can appear and disappear randomly.

Brusgaard

Über Guru
That is the nub of the matter, a platform which gives everyone an equal field to compete upon. Zwift offers that. Bkool invariably doesn't even for its own trainers, as 'fairy dust' performance can appear and disappear randomly.

Hence that is why I Zwift on my Direto, and Bkool on my Bkool Pro. My Bkool Pro test run was not “equal” on Zwift, and I don’t have an external power meter.

I had already bought the Direto on Black Friday, and did my first Zwift ride a couple of weeks after that.

CXRAndy

Guru
Hence that is why I Zwift on my Direto, and Bkool on my Bkool Pro. My Bkool Pro test run was not “equal” on Zwift, and I don’t have an external power meter.

I had already bought the Direto on Black Friday, and did my first Zwift ride a couple of weeks after that.

I wish you well and good experience within zwift, we might even be in the same race one day:okay:

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
I wish you well and good experience within zwift, we might even be in the same race one day:okay:
I did a little race this afternoon - one lap WBR - and Jacob from the Danish team was in the A Cat. He came 4th in what looks like was a sprint finish. watts per kilo at 5 though so he may get penalised. The other 3 riders in the top 4 were below the magic number of 5.

AAAC 76C

Large Member
Arrgh :cursing: :banghead: it's failed again. However it may be down to me this time. I've either not tightened the screws enough or over done it and stripped the thread in the hole :banghead:.

Oh well back to the pro for the next few days. I'll try to source a longer screw and chuck a few washers between it and the flange in the hope there's enough plastic in there for it to grab hold of securely :cursing:.

Are you sure the screw is in the whole?
There is a slot at the bottom as well.
There is plenty of plastic to take a longer screw.
Checkout the one that hold the casing on and if they are longer use one of those.
If you are using a screwdriver you've done well to strip the thread.
Failing using a longer screw try using a slight larger diameter one by 0.5mm.

Edit: That said some folk should not be left alone with tools.

Last edited:

JacobSkovsgaard

I did a little race this afternoon - one lap WBR - and Jacob from the Danish team was in the A Cat. He came 4th in what looks like was a sprint finish. watts per kilo at 5 though so he may get penalised. The other 3 riders in the top 4 were below the magic number of 5.
Spotted at my first ever Zwift race... is it possible to do anything without being caught:laugh:
I didn't know how it worked, so it was just Fullgazz. I spend way too much time in front while the others just drafted on me. At the sprint I guess they used some magic and beated me. I dont know what powerup is or works. I just know I was strongest, but riding stupid and didnt knew the tricks:cry:
Ended at 4,96 w/kg, so no penalty
I much better like bkool (when it works correctly)

Last edited:

theboxers

TheBoxers on Cycle Sim sw
Are you sure the screw is in the whole?
There is a slot at the bottom as well.
There is plenty of plastic to take a longer screw.
Checkout the one that hold the casing on and if they are longer use one of those.
If you are using a screwdriver you've done well to strip the thread.
Failing using a longer screw try using a slight larger diameter one by 0.5mm.
I'll check out the longer ones for the shell.
Edit: That said some folk should not be left alone with tools.
I did say I'm good at deconstruction, not so much at construction :blush: :laugh:.

CXRAndy

Guru
Spotted at my first ever Zwift race... is it possible to do anything without being caught:laugh:
I didn't know how it worked, so it was just Fullgazz. I spend way too much time in front while the others just drafted on me. At the sprint I guess they used some magic and beated me. I dont know what powerup is or works. I just know I was strongest, but riding stupid and didnt knew the tricks:cry:
Ended at 4,96 w/kg, so no penalty
I much better like bkool (when it works correctly)
Were you using your Bkool Pro?
Screenshot_20180225-214057.png

Top Bottom