Team BKool CycleChat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bridgy

Legendary Member
Off topic, any update regarding bkools new update.
Thanks for bringing us back ON topic Breedon! The new update is live. Doesn't look any different. Acoording to Bkool on Facebook it includes:

- Show the most active sessions first in the live section

- Improved FTP calculation

- Ride indoor cycling classes using heart rate monitor / cadence meter.

- Bluetooth with Win10 now works

- Graphical improvements of 3D

- General bug fixes

Haven't ridden it yet so don't know if there's any difference in the way it rides

LBHIFI

Veteran
Has anyone used the erg mode in bkool?
I need to do a ftp test, but would also like to do the handicap race tomorrow, so thought I could maybe throw in a 20 minutes erg mode during the ride.
I'm just a little concerned to throw something like that in the hands of bkool.

CXRAndy

Guru
I thought you just pressed P once you had hit the wattage number you wanted to ride at . it's was a bit crap, trying to set the power level whilst reaching for the keyboard.

it may have changed now with a different setup

theboxers

TheBoxers on Cycle Sim sw
Has anyone used the erg mode in bkool?
I need to do a ftp test, but would also like to do the handicap race tomorrow, so thought I could maybe throw in a 20 minutes erg mode during the ride.
I'm just a little concerned to throw something like that in the hands of bkool.
It works fairly well as long as you stay on top of the gear. If you slack off momentarily or lose concentration it hurts or a GP Lama puts it 'the erg mode death spiral'.

I get to use it running one of the weight loss plans. If I let up to adjust seat position or let the legs recover for a couple of seconds it almost locks up because it wants to keep you at the power set. :bicycle::boxing::B)

CXRAndy

Guru
FTP is best done in slope mode so can alter power and cadence depending on how you're feeling during the test.

20mins or 2*8mins with 10 mins rest between.

@Aleman .
Congratulations on being in the big time!
Screenshot_2018-02-26-05-47-17.png

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
I thought you just pressed P once you had hit the wattage number you wanted to ride at . it's was a bit crap, trying to set the power level whilst reaching for the keyboard.

it may have changed now with a different setup
I have to hit control P for erg so even more of a faff. Also hard to get the watts you're aiming for. It does seem to work though, which isn't always something you can say on bsim!

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
It works fairly well as long as you stay on top of the gear. If you slack off momentarily or lose concentration it hurts or a GP Lama puts it 'the erg mode death spiral'.

I get to use it running one of the weight loss plans. If I let up to adjust seat position or let the legs recover for a couple of seconds it almost locks up because it wants to keep you at the power set. :bicycle::boxing::B)
.. This...

CXRAndy

Guru
I have to hit control P for erg so even more of a faff. Also hard to get the watts you're aiming for. It does seem to work though, which isn't always something you can say on bsim!

What, that's even worse. :laugh:. That why I like TR, it auto sets slope or erg mode :okay:

LBHIFI

Veteran

I would be using my power meter and garmin to hit the required watt level, but I'm a little concerned if bkool has the same idea about what constant watts are.
I think I'll try it and bail if it doesn't work.

Top Bottom