Team BKool CycleChat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

theboxers

TheBoxers on Cycle Sim sw
I went out about 5 1/2 years ago in the cold of winter..the cassette was 11/25 and trying to get up Dartmoor hills took its toll. I had problems breathing and ended up in A&E at 2am barely able to breathe... Found out I had asthma and since then I don't trust my body especially when hills are involved!
I should try an easy evening ride at some point!
Change 2 things. At most a 52/36 chainset preferably 50/34. At least a 11-32 cassette. I'm running a 11-42 cassette on a gs deraileur. With a road link or similar hanger extension installed. Will get you up most things without going to a triple. Plus you should be able to spin it.

Yes the steps between gears are big. However you've still got the 11 tooth at the back for flat and downhill sections.

theboxers

12ºC - Cask Marque ;)
Where's the drooling emoji :sweat:

theboxers

The parts have arrived and have now been installed. The front and rear deraileurs appear to be functioning correctly with the new kit. Now I just need to ride it.

1530204440971588925607201432989.jpg

Please ignore the dirty chain I was too lazy to clean it. :blush:

BILL S

Guru
Not me - I don't think you'll be catching me on the turbo until the weather turns into something resembling a more typical British summer :sweat:

Indeed, you'll be far too fast for me in this heat so no chance of catching you on the turbo, and I'm sure I'd have the same trouble out in the rw. Even in the cold of winter I don't seem to remember catching you very often last season. ;)

BILL S

Guru
Anyone for stage 5 Chain Gang tonight @7? If not I will be seeking some revenge from one of the earlier stages.
Ok no takers, not that I can blame you in this weather. I'll be starting stage 4 warmup at 7pm and will probably tackle stage 5 on Saturday at 5pm if anyone wants to join.

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
I like the idea of the TDC as this is flat and I can team up and Chaingang it!
The problem with long rides outside for me is that there are too many hills near me for my large behind to get up! And the fact that this would mean cycling in the real world :eek:.
Would be great to see you IRL cycling DP. ToC would be ideal for you :okay: And those of us looking for some drafting :whistle:

Top Bottom