Team BKool CycleChat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Brusgaard

Über Guru
Is it Win 10 only.?
Thats going to cost me 99p subscription or not!
A new pair of running shoes is looking cheaper and there is a nice cafe on my route.

No, you can still use Windows 7, but it has to be 64-bit. Download Windows 10 x64 with the “Media Creation Tool” and buy a product key for it on eBay. They come as cheap as £3-4.

Then install the new Bkool 4.1(1) and cross your fingers that it pick up your trainer/ANT-stick. With the new version it sometimes takes like forever to connect to your ANT-devices.

Last edited:
I took a month away from the bike before this trip to the alpes and can only agree mate. It’s unreal how out of shape I am compared to earlier in the summer. The legs are still ok. But I’m out of breath as soon as I look at one of the hills!
Oh I feel so bad for both of you. Poor @CXRAndy suffered through his exhausting vacation and I guess yours was probably just as tough.

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
Oh I feel so bad for both of you. Poor @CXRAndy suffered through his exhausting vacation and I guess yours was probably just as tough.

0427E384-D83E-4B3E-97D1-E4EF0800C484.jpeg

I’ll see your sun and showers forecast and raise you rainfall with showery intervals..
Your timing on the 5 ferry ride was perfect. After the real world rides this weekend it may be turbo until spring for me. But you never know. This has been the driest summer in the last 25 years.

keithaitch

Veteran
No, you can still use Windows 7, but it has to be 64-bit. Download Windows 10 x64 with the “Media Creation Tool” and buy a product key for it on eBay. They come as cheap as £3-4.

Then install the new Bkool 4.1(1) and cross your fingers that it pick up your trainer/ANT-stick. With the new version it sometimes takes like forever to connect to your ANT-devices.
Thx @Brusgaard. I had real problems connecting on Thursday, after 40 minutes of faffing I couldn't be arsed/didn't have time to ride by the time I got it properly connected. I noticed the phone connected much quicker via Bluetooth, but that caused a problem with my Bluetooth headset. I'll do another test on Tuesday evening and report back.

Brusgaard

Über Guru
Thx @Brusgaard. I had real problems connecting on Thursday, after 40 minutes of faffing I couldn't be arsed/didn't have time to ride by the time I got it properly connected. I noticed the phone connected much quicker via Bluetooth, but that caused a problem with my Bluetooth headset. I'll do another test on Tuesday evening and report back.

I am afraid you may have the same experience next time. :sad: After updating, my stuff connected after 1 minute or so. Next time it took more like 5 minutes, and I had to skip 5 minutes of warm-up for a race. :banghead:

Top Bottom