Team BKool CycleChat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
First proper go in the ‘new’ sim tonight.. a few observations.

It was harder for the Pro.. I was averaging approximately 250 watts over the past few months, tonight I averaged 180 watts. I wasn’t killing myself but it was much harder.

Dead stops - they’re back... I mean proper back.. almost very hill I hit over 8% - bang... one ghost shot past me on an 11% slope and took a minute out of me.. not good. I would really like to see that sorted very quickly.

Visuals: the drome has had a 3D spruce up and looks a little more authentic but.... the cyclist names have disappeared so you now don’t know who your riding alongside, passing or chasing? Guesswork unless the cyclist has a unique kit.

‘The new camera angles’... what happens here is that the visual plane tilts forward when going up hill and backward when going down hill - to accentuate the incline/decline.. it kinda works but for a few problems.. one is it all goes pear shape if the original upload of gps/attitude is/was out of sync. For a few seconds it doesn’t know what to do. The second and a real pain in the arse is when you’re descending anything steeper than 5%.. all you can see is the cyclist’s arse... so you cant see the road ahead and if you’re following someone like @Daddy Pig you need to be ready to get on his wheel... problem is, you can’t see around your own avatars arse... pull back the view and it loses visual effect imo..

Then finally there is the introduction of ‘aerial spinny cam’ at the finish...

All a bit underwhelming and other than dead stops at least it works.

Be interesting, if you get a chance, to challenge my ghost from Monday and add your original ghost in too. May be they've leveled the playing field after all, they've just taken away the Pro advantage.

AAAC 76C

Large Member
Sitting in the Aruba Sun with a week to go before my indoor cycling come back.
What has happened to BSim/BDum.
Has it got worse or is it now equaly worse because they could not work out how to make it equally better.
Is it now 64 Bit like the Beta version, because that will mess me up as well.
Hoping for a first class report from Mr Bob AKA @bobinski tomorrow.

Looking forward to getting back to the UK alteddy. The excitement is building daily.

Luv AAC

CXRAndy

Guru
Has it got worse or is it now equaly worse because they could not work out how to make it equally better.

Looking forward to getting back to the UK alteddy. The excitement is building daily.

Luv AAC

Bobs gone/going on holiday with most of the CC gang. He wont have time/inclination :biggrin:

bobinski

Legendary Member

Luv AAC

If only I had the time;)

A live test, rather than using ghosts, is probably best thing? Same weight, same watts but diff trainers and see what gives

theboxers

TheBoxers on Cycle Sim sw
I'm beginning to think that some of my issues are trainer related, nothing wrong with the trainer. The new kickr has a heavier flywheel and I'm starting to think that that is the thing kicking my arse on Bkool. I've tried BRVR and found that the gradients are now extended I could cycle at about 75-80 cadence on most gradients upto 17 or 18%. The new kickr is dragging me down to 65 or lower when I go into double figure grades :cry:.

When I'm in a workout I have no issues. In a road session I am suffering.

I'm not helping myself by being off of the bike for nearly 2 months or more.

Top Bottom