Team BKool CycleChat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BILL S

Guru
Cause of death... @BILL S. You haven't done a deal with my wife by which you get some of the life insurance have you? To fund a new bike perchance?
I was hoping you were suffering Keith because I certainly was. You always get me on the hills so I had no chance at the end there. Definitely consider going halves with your wife on the life insurance but it'd probably just end up with your wife and mine getting the full amount each :bravo::cheers:

Brusgaard

Über Guru
that's not entirely true now is it ^_^

Well, I did 35 km on Bkool earlier today and then those 28 km tonight. If you combine the two of them, I think I maybe suffered on 30km+ today, and rode at recovery speed the rest of the way. :tongue: Putting a dead stop 200m after the start was not really a motivator either with Keith storming past and you already 20-30 meters up that 7.3% hill…

keithaitch

Veteran
I was hoping you were suffering Keith because I certainly was. You always get me on the hills so I had no chance at the end there. Definitely consider going halves with your wife on the life insurance but it'd probably just end up with your wife and mine getting the full amount each :bravo::cheers:
The thick plottens! Now it's clear why she says make sure you kill Bill tonight.

BILL S

Guru
I would like to, but I am (almost) still sweating from the ride this morning. :heat: So, my performance would be more like Thursday's and therefore not worth the effort. I'll maybe do it another day with some friendly ghosts and fresh legs. :smile:
No worries. I'll do some yoga instead to try and fix my aches and pains.

I started but was so out of shape I was 8 miles behind everybody before the first food stop. The steep hills were killing me. All I could do was slowly crank up each hill in the lowest gear. Peter from County Cycles and the marshal had to wait at every corner for me to ride by before they could take down the signs. Finally I decided to jump in the van and ride to the first food stop where Bill S and I took a shortcut back to Cross Hands. It was a really enjoyable ride with only one hill before town that killed me. Bill was nice enough to keep me company . There was no way I was in good enough shape to do the real climbs.
Still it was great meeting the other Cyclechat dudes and enjoyed the day.

Congratulations on your 19 mph 100 mile ride. Very impressive.

shimceltic

Veteran
I started but was so out of shape I was 8 miles behind everybody before the first food stop. The steep hills were killing me. All I could do was slowly crank up each hill in the lowest gear. Peter from County Cycles and the marshal had to wait at every corner for me to ride by before they could take down the signs. Finally I decided to jump in the van and ride to the first food stop where Bill S and I took a shortcut back to Cross Hands. It was a really enjoyable ride with only one hill before town that killed me. Bill was nice enough to keep me company . There was no way I was in good enough shape to do the real climbs.
Still it was great meeting the other Cyclechat dudes and enjoyed the day.

Congratulations on your 19 mph 100 mile ride. Very impressive.
Sounds like tough one. Mine was flat but happy with the distance as never been above 65 miles before. I'm going to do more sportive as great days.

Top Bottom