Team BKool CycleChat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

keithaitch

Veteran
I think that could cause it.
I just couldn't get a rythem. I don't like that course for racing!
Sorry, here's some compensation.

shimceltic

Veteran
Sorry, here's some compensation. View attachment 513784

Cheers

AAAC 76C

Large Member
well that route never gets any easier! Really annoying to drop out half way nthrough and have to chase again, just when I was getting ready to try (unsuccesfully I know) to close the gap on @AAAC 76C . @Brusgaard could the drop out be due to bluetooth interference bewteen the tablet connected by bluetooth to the trainer and my phone connected to my bluetooth speakers? Saturdays rerun may not be on the tandem as planned afterall so I can get a decent time!
I wondered what happened there.
I could see @Brusgaard getting out in front of you so I was considering being ready to drop back and collect him and then you pulled through to the front and our gap was not that big in seconds so I dug in on the climb and then you were gone.
I have to say that I was glad no one was chasing me by the time I got to the descent 5km out from the finish because I was knackered but I managed to get a 'rest' and recover a bit on the way down ready for the final dig.
I still get a lot of latency and I was wondering if it was down to interference and the fact that I use a 5m long USB lead for my ANT+ dongle.
Is anyome else using a long dongle and is suffering latency?

Bored Man

Upstanding Member
I could see @Brusgaard getting out in front of you so I was considering being ready to drop back and collect him and then you pulled through to the front and our gap was not that big in seconds so I dug in on the climb and then you were gone.
I have to say that I was glad no one was chasing me by the time I got to the descent 5km out from the finish because I was knackered but I managed to get a 'rest' and recover a bit on the way down ready for the final dig.
I still get a lot of latency and I was wondering if it was down to interference and the fact that I use a 5m long USB lead for my ANT+ dongle.

Me..

New chain n tyre going on today. Watch out you boys..

AndyMacca

Tried the whole virtual beers thing last night, good to see all the office crowd and it went quite well, it's not a good set-up for a session though it ran out of steam after a couple of hours, Zoom worked well it doesn't blank people's audio out when multiple people are talking which feels more natural. It's still a poor substitute for the real thing though.
Managed to do the Stouby-Sejet ride but as more of an experiment to see how bad I would be and took it easy at the start, TBH I thought it would be worse than it was. Peroni, Hoegaarden and cheap prosecco don't seem to be a good base for a ride, definitely room for improvement in the re-run.

shimceltic

Veteran
Tried the whole virtual beers thing last night, good to see all the office crowd and it went quite well, it's not a good set-up for a session though it ran out of steam after a couple of hours, Zoom worked well it doesn't blank people's audio out when multiple people are talking which feels more natural. It's still a poor substitute for the real thing though.
Managed to do the Stouby-Sejet ride but as more of an experiment to see how bad I would be and took it easy at the start, TBH I thought it would be worse than it was. Peroni, Hoegaarden and cheap prosecco don't seem to be a good base for a ride, definitely room for improvement in the re-run.
I just can't get a settled rythem. Just done the next handicap 1st 8km pretty much downhill but the next 15 a bit similar to last night's chain gang, 👆 👇 👆👇 ⛰

AndyMacca

Doubt it's the long cable, probably more network related and possibly the number of people on the system.
I had no end of tech. issues with dropouts before trying the extension lead then that didn't seem to help me much either. I bit the bullet, switched from Android Tablet and Windows Tablet to a proper desktop PC in the garage and switched from WiFi to one of those TP-Link ethernet extenders that uses the mains. The Ant+ dongle is just jammed in the back of the PC and is over a metre from the front of the bike but no dropouts since doing this. Best of luck it can be very frustrating.

Mark68

Über Member
Right, I'm going to have a crack on the bike now. Is there an easy way to see which session I've done on the stay at home league or the classics? I've been on recent activity but only found a couple I've done. I thought I had done more.

shimceltic

Veteran
Right, I'm going to have a crack on the bike now. Is there an easy way to see which session I've done on the stay at home league or the classics? I've been on recent activity but only found a couple I've done. I thought I had done more.
I just check my strava instead

Top Bottom