Team BKool CycleChat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

microkid

That could be it then, when I was using the Bkool wheel on trainer and while spinning push a broom onto the ceiling in the garage, thus forcing me down into the saddle with more weight! Maybe I'll get some helium balloons for the climbing stages to catch Craig!
I put a fan behind me for the uphill climbs, to give me a push in the back :smile:

Good news bad news. The start button is back to bypass the 10 minute warmup.,
But missing the league rides. Good excuse to ride the Snow Canyon again.

Brusgaard

Über Guru
Will there be a ride tomorrow?

Unless linking a session to a stage miraculously works sometime before 6 PM tomorrow, there will be no real league ride.

We could however do a stage and then do the ranking in an Excel sheet etc. ?? What do you, the people, think about that?

There is also the CADEX ride at the same time, but I don’t particularly fancy that all-mountain stage. :stop:

Last edited:
I found the downhill easier on the Pro as my bodyweight would put sufficient pressure on the roller to get some resistance and thus watts when pedalling. The virtual flywheel on the NEOs gives almost no resistance and therefore it is hard for me to do the watts downhill I did on the Bkool Pro. Maybe a KICKR (Core) feels different, as it actually has a physical flywheel with some weight you have to spin around?
Kicker Bike is not great a sustaining gravity coasting, on downhills have to pedal like a fiend, coast to recover, pedal like mad, and watch anyone who weighs more zoom past even with massive chain ring and 115 RPMs :sad:

Brusgaard

Über Guru
Kicker Bike is not great a sustaining gravity coasting, on downhills have to pedal like a fiend, coast to recover, pedal like mad, and watch anyone who weighs more zoom past even with massive chain ring and 115 RPMs :sad:

The KB has a 13lbs physical flywheel, which in theory should give you some resistance. You also had to pedal at 110+ on the BKOOL Pro, but at least there was some resistance because of the wheel touching the roller.

shimceltic

Veteran
I should be back in time to do a ride. If its not a league one I might do cadex. Also just signed up for stage 2 of giro £7 for the next 5 stages.

Goldwolfie

Veteran
Gravity works both ways. I can assure you that you travel faster downhill than Craig with the same effort (wkg). I am sure the same applies when climbing.

Yes every one can go downhill “quite fast”, but still, the lightweight WILL most likely loose. In the real world maybe not, as out there your riding skills/technique can make up for low weight. In the virtual world with no corners, hairpins etc. to take into account, gravity wins. :smile:

When you look at @Goldwolfie‘s numbers, he is going like 2.5wkg max when leading the downhill pack, and the rest of us have to do like 3-3.5wkg just to hang onto his wheel.

I think it would be fun to have a couple of pure downhill / climbing races, where we switched weight, so the heaviest got the lightest’ weight. :smile: It would be an interesting experiment. :okay:
Downhills are a lot more difficult for me nowadays - changing from my old Bkool to a Tacx Flux, and losing about 15kgs in weight has made such a difference.
However, the loss in weight benefit is noticeable on the hilly bits - not that I will ever be quick, but at least I can hold a reasonable power output for longer, and my heart rate is also a lot lower - which can't be a bad thing for an overweight 70 year old.
@Brusgaard - I think last months selection of rides gave something for everyone, and I appreciate all the effort you have to put in to keep the league going.

Brusgaard

Über Guru
I have scheduled this @microkid ride for tonight: https://my.bkool.com/profile/detail/5980884?durationType=DISTANCE&lapCount=1
Remember your anti-seasick pills, as we go below sealevel, which can lead to corrupted graphics like in the last league race. ^_^

Warmup start at 6 PM UK as usual. If no one joins within the warmup period, I will most likely quit and find something else on Z.

Remember THIS IS NOT A LEAGUE RACE as it still doesn't work adding a session to a stage! :sad:

Last edited:
@microkid And @shimceltic

Great news for you two who do not appreciate my artistic cell phone pictures on Strava. @Rod McG found out how to take a screenshot in Bkool!
Ill try to do it soon. Still recovering from a minor setback so haven't been on the bike much.
You would think being married to a photographer I would be a little better.

Top Bottom