Team BKool CycleChat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rod McG

Über Member
I have scheduled this @microkid ride for tonight: https://my.bkool.com/profile/detail/5980884?durationType=DISTANCE&lapCount=1
Remember your anti-seasick pills, as we go below sealevel, which can lead to corrupted graphics like in the last league race. ^_^

Warmup start at 6 PM UK as usual. If no one joins within the warmup period, I will most likely quit and find something else on Z.

Remember THIS IS NOT A LEAGUE RACE as it still doesn't work adding a session to a stage! :sad:
Previously, at another time that BKOOL leagues were not working, a simple spreadsheet was set up to record times. This seemed to work well. Tonight's race could then be the first of this month's league, and maybe benefit of draft from @shimceltic !

microkid

Downhills are a lot more difficult for me nowadays - changing from my old Bkool to a Tacx Flux, and losing about 15kgs in weight has made such a difference.
However, the loss in weight benefit is noticeable on the hilly bits - not that I will ever be quick, but at least I can hold a reasonable power output for longer, and my heart rate is also a lot lower - which can't be a bad thing for an overweight 70 year old.
@Brusgaard - I think last months selection of rides gave something for everyone, and I appreciate all the effort you have to put in to keep the league going.
Same here. Lost 10kg, so a little quicker uphill, but with 103kg I will never be as fast as the 70kg riders ....

Brusgaard

Über Guru
Previously, at another time that BKOOL leagues were not working, a simple spreadsheet was set up to record times. This seemed to work well. Tonight's race could then be the first of this month's league, and maybe benefit of draft from @shimceltic !
Yes, but someone has to make that spreadsheet. I THINK I may have a copy of the one used by Keith, just can’t remember where. He deleted it when he burned his BKOOL / CycleChat bridges.

Last edited:

microkid

I have scheduled this @microkid ride for tonight: https://my.bkool.com/profile/detail/5980884?durationType=DISTANCE&lapCount=1
Remember your anti-seasick pills, as we go below sealevel, which can lead to corrupted graphics like in the last league race. ^_^

Warmup start at 6 PM UK as usual. If no one joins within the warmup period, I will most likely quit and find something else on Z.

Remember THIS IS NOT A LEAGUE RACE as it still doesn't work adding a session to a stage! :sad:
I'll be there (not the Michael Jackson version)

Goldwolfie

Veteran

@Brusgaard - I'll join, but feel free to bail if there are just the two of us. I haven't done anything for the last couple of weeks, so will be taking it easy.

Brusgaard

Über Guru
@Brusgaard - I'll join, but feel free to bail if there are just the two of us. I haven't done anything for the last couple of weeks, so will be taking it easy.

I will not bail, if anyone else is riding. :okay: Since the Festive500 ordeal, I have skipped cycling some days, where I normally would. So I would by fine just riding at 2.5wkg just the 2 of us. :smile:

But if this counts as a spreadsheet-league-race, things may be different...:bicycle:

Brusgaard

Über Guru
Well, that was a strange 2.5w/kg ride Steen ;)
IF it was just the 2 (Goldie & me) of us, I would do 2.5 w/kg or whatever G could sustain. This quickly turned into a race with Rod and Craig in the mix.
Knowing they would drop me on one of them short uphill sections, I just tried to hang on a long as possible to make the gap down to you big enough for you not to catch me - like you did in the last league race. ^_^

Last edited:
Ill try to catch up later. A winter storm is supposed to hit today. We are going from an unusually cold snap back to 46 and rain tonight. So heavy wet snow then sloppy mess.
Ill ride early this morning then start directing my wife shoveling. I hate to have her work unsupervised.

Top Bottom