Team BKool CycleChat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

shimceltic

Veteran

I'm out....

CXRAndy

Guru
Bill I've just noticed your picture and the weight... Any tips?

You have to come off sugar completely. That includes cakes, biscuits, fruit. Eat only veg and protein. I'm on 4 organic free range eggs/day and main meal home cooked veg stew every day for the past 2 years. After a while the cravings go and its not difficult to maintain. But I do look a bit of a skinny freak these days:laugh:.

Howdy Bill :okay:

Bill's diet commonly know as low carb, or keto. I employ both with my main strategy of intermittent fasting. I only eat my daily calories between 4-7pm each day. Well I try to keep to that- but sometimes will have a lunch meal usually 4 eggs and cheese. I have dropped nearly 4 stone. I do have a cheat day now and then:stop:

CXRAndy

Guru
Must take some discipline, especially early on.

Not really,. Coming from 3 meals a day all my life. I slowly pushed back breakfast towards lunchtime. Then I would drop breakfast all together. Increased more saturated fats and proteins. Pushed back lunchtime to 2pm, then 3pm.. Dropped lunch. It's late morning and I've had 3 black coffees

As Bill has said, it's cutting out all processed fast carbs from sweat stuff to alcohol that takes a bit of will power.

Glucose/fructose commonly called sugars are hugely addictive.

For those of us who struggle with this addictive disposition, it's akin I suppose to cocaine or heroin :ohmy:

shimceltic

Veteran
What do you guys do for work? I'm on my feet all day and active so I feel like if I'm not eating ill struggle for energy. Currently having some mango and chilli chicken, olives, tomatoes, cucumber and houmous

CXRAndy

Guru
What do you guys do for work? I'm on my feet all day and active so I feel like if I'm not eating ill struggle for energy. Currently having some mango and chilli chicken, olives, tomatoes, cucumber and houmous

I'm retired, but I can do manual work all day and not feel faint or hungry.

The process of using intermittent fasting and reducing carbs(glucose) to low levels, makes the body become 'fat adapted''

This means your body can fuel itself from the stored fats under the skin and other organs. Average human adult has 250,000 calories stored at any one time. It's just training your body to be able to access it.

The instant fight or flight store of glycogen is not really tapped into unless you go into anaerobic levels of exercise or workloads.

By cutting out carbohydrates or reducing them to low levels forces the body to search and use other energy stores-fat.

The other benefit is to access your fat stores, insulin levels has to be low in the body. This helps those with elevated glucose levels heading towards pre and full blown diabetes.

The subject becomes fascinating the way body chemistry and how the body fuelling can be adjusted

shimceltic

Veteran
I have got a book called the dodo diet, (day on day off) and looked good but I could never find the best time to start it. I think the meal plan ends up you have a good meal on the evening 9f day 1 nothing day 2 then a balanced breakfast day 3

BILL S

Guru
Howdy Bill :okay:

Bill's diet commonly know as low carb, or keto. I employ both with my main strategy of intermittent fasting. I only eat my daily calories between 4-7pm each day. Well I try to keep to that- but sometimes will have a lunch meal usually 4 eggs and cheese. I have dropped nearly 4 stone. I do have a cheat day now and then:stop:
Hey Andy!!
The next stage for me would be to begin fasting. I've never tried it but feel it wouldn't be that difficult. Only question for me is should I really lose more weight? About a year ago I went on a ride in Cheddar with Bob, Bridgy and a few others. Boy did I suffer!! It was horrible. I was so unfit even though I was quite light. I had done one 50k mtb recently. Anyway, now that i've done that same mtb ride every week for a year, increaded it up to 75km and last weekend did it twice to see if I could. Surprisingly did it in the same time both days at my record pace of 5 hours. No idea what I'll be like on the turbo, but assume that I could now keep up with Bob and mates hopefully on a ride up some hills.

BILL S

Guru
I have got a book called the dodo diet, (day on day off) and looked good but I could never find the best time to start it. I think the meal plan ends up you have a good meal on the evening 9f day 1 nothing day 2 then a balanced breakfast

And I sit in an office all day so can manage on less food, but if I don't get off my arse and do something I lead a naturally couch potatoe lifestyle.
I would drop the Mango (too much sugar), Chili &Tomatoes (bad for being inflammatory), humous (far too much salt-high blood pressure). Cucumber is excellent for weight loss.

CXRAndy

Guru
Hey Andy!!
The next stage for me would be to begin fasting. I've never tried it but feel it wouldn't be that difficult. Only question for me is should I really lose more weight? About a year ago I went on a ride in Cheddar with Bob, Bridgy and a few others. Boy did I suffer!! It was horrible. I was so unfit even though I was quite light. I had done one 50k mtb recently. Anyway, now that i've done that same mtb ride every week for a year, increaded it up to 75km and last weekend did it twice to see if I could. Surprisingly did it in the same time both days at my record pace of 5 hours. No idea what I'll be like on the turbo, but assume that I could now keep up with Bob and mates hopefully on a ride up some hills.

It's down to what you can afford to lose in body fat Bill.

If you're currently very trim, but want to 'get ripped ' with six pack abs showing then go for it.

Intermittent fasting doesn't have to be every day. You can do as much or little to suit your weight control. I need to be pretty consistent to keep weight in check, but others with quicker metabolism need to eat twice a day and have less period of fasting.

We all fast overnight, some just extend the duration through the morning or into the afternoon :okay:

I read an interesting article in Scientific American about the calorie intake of the women of the last remaining active hunter gatherer tribes. They get by on 2000 calories a day even though they are extremely active. When comparing the calorie burn with western lifestyle they said the brain burns a ton. So my plan is to keep eating like a pig but think a lot more. Mostly trying to remember where I put my car keys.

Top Bottom