Team BKool CycleChat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BILL S

Guru
I was really looking forward to visiting but sadly the steroid injection and draining my knee hasn't helped. I'm 90% sure I'm going to have to postpone my tour. I have a total knee scheduled for October so now looking like next year and the real shame is I was ready a month ago.
Tip: Don't get old

No indeed Randy. Don't get old. Today I cut my mtb rife short at 45km due to a sharp pain developing in my left leg. I felt it starting up last weekend but now it's worse. Definitely a case of old age and nowvi need to take a few weeks out to recover. You really have my sympathy Randy and I hope you recover for your trip this year, or you get super fit for doing it next year instead:smile:.

shimceltic

Veteran
I did a short ride after taking it easy due to a dodgy calf. It was bloody hard!

No indeed Randy. Don't get old. Today I cut my mtb rife short at 45km due to a sharp pain developing in my left leg. I felt it starting up last weekend but now it's worse. Definitely a case of old age and nowvi need to take a few weeks out to recover. You really have my sympathy Randy and I hope you recover for your trip this year, or you get super fit for doing it next year instead:smile:.

What cleats are you using? A few years back I switched to Crank Brothers with different float and it got rid of some shin pain.

BILL S

Guru
What cleats are you using? A few years back I switched to Crank Brothers with different float and it got rid of some shin pain.

Ah yes I remember using the old crank brothers egg beaters and they were really good. I may actually go back to them for their superior connection to the cleat compared to my Shimano m540s. Good thinking Randy, although I dont think this is the cause but more that I did it two days in a row a couple of weeks ago and my poor old bod couldn't go the distance.

BILL S

Guru
Well I'm thinking of getting a Neo so I can join the leagues when they start. Bit too hot right now to even think about it but my tax rebait cheque just about covers it so I'd be daft not to.

shimceltic

Veteran
I'm gonna watch the dc rainmaker thing on the motion plate but if it gives an even more realistic feel why not?
Also a bit cheaper with the blue light card...

Do tell me more... what effect wi

They sound effective but it's no small amount to pay so they'd have to be quite good. I'll see how you get on with yours first...

The big thing for me is how realistic the resistance is on uphills. If I had it before the double devil I would have known I wasn’t ready for it. You wouldn’t have had to cut short your ride and tow me back.
On the BKOOL turbo I thought I could handle 12%. Man was I wrong..
and on the Neo 2T it has road feel. Kind of cool once in a while but I turned it off on some rides where it actually got to be a pain. Literally

shimceltic

Veteran
The big thing for me is how realistic the resistance is on uphills. If I had it before the double devil I would have known I wasn’t ready for it. You wouldn’t have had to cut short your ride and tow me back.
On the BKOOL turbo I thought I could handle 12%. Man was I wrong..
and on the Neo 2T it has road feel. Kind of cool once in a while but I turned it off on some rides where it actually got to be a pain. Literally

I was trying to show a mate the real road demo today but couldn't find it.

I was trying to show a mate the real road demo today but couldn't find it.

Tacx dropped Mac os so I can't use it on the Mac mini I bought to get the 8 gigs of ram for the Bkool upgrade. But it is on some Bigring VR rides.
I may not compete with you on many things but I'm pretty sure I am able to say about your Strava ride today DNT (Dude that's nothing)
You...

Wet and windy British summer​

Me...

Attachments

• Screenshot_2022-07-30-10-00-03.png
    Screenshot_2022-07-30-10-00-03.png
    61.7 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Top Bottom