Team BKool CycleChat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Your Mrs has already promised to send that power meter to me ^_^
Anyway you lot, what's happening in the world of turbo training these days?

Dude!! Welcome back!!I
And just to top @shimceltic I've got a knee problem. It's supposed to get drained on Thursday. Tentative total knee in October.
How are things with you? With the price of oil way up I'm guessing you've been really busy.

Last edited:

BILL S

Guru
Hey Randy. I somehow knew you'd still be here. Good that at least there's at least you and Shim. Not looked around properly yet. Just popped in to say hello. Not really got a working turbo although the old pro would probably fire up if I tried it. Done loads of mtb lately and lost a lot of weight so thought about turboing again. hmm not sure. Still need to buy a decent one.... But yeah, I'm back with the living and loving life. As you noted, the oil price has helped a lot. Is there still a league running? Is it worth investing?

shimceltic

Veteran
Hey Randy. I somehow knew you'd still be here. Good that at least there's at least you and Shim. Not looked around properly yet. Just popped in to say hello. Not really got a working turbo although the old pro would probably fire up if I tried it. Done loads of mtb lately and lost a lot of weight so thought about turboing again. hmm not sure. Still need to buy a decent one.... But yeah, I'm back with the living and loving life. As you noted, the oil price has helped a lot. Is there still a league running? Is it worth investing?

Last winter we had around 6 on a Thursday and quite even on most stages. Hopefully we can get enough for the race and chat after.
Get a turbo....... If you and adds race it will be a good number. If bkool isnt working for us all we can sort an alternative. Rgt is free if needs be.

BILL S

Guru
Sounds good Shim. Is Adds still around at all? I guess turbos are 50% more expensive now. I better decide if I should get one or not.

shimceltic

Veteran
Adds seemed to vanish similar time to yourself and the mighty AAAC.
If you have a blue light card or health insurance with vitality you can get good discounts on garmin.

shimceltic

Veteran
Screenshot_2022-07-19-18-03-25-74_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

BILL S

Guru
Having just had a quick look online, the neo 2t would be my first choice and the prices seem lower than before.
Some bad reviews if you get a monday morning one but most seem to love it.

BILL S

Guru
Bill I've just noticed your picture and the weight... Any tips?

You have to come off sugar completely. That includes cakes, biscuits, fruit. Eat only veg and protein. I'm on 4 organic free range eggs/day and main meal home cooked veg stew every day for the past 2 years. After a while the cravings go and its not difficult to maintain. But I do look a bit of a skinny freak these days:laugh:.

Top Bottom