Team BKool CycleChat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BigonaBianchi

Yes I can, Yes I am, Yes I did...Repeat.
Right it's time to help a techno knob out...again...

Since the weather currently resembles a cold wet wind tunnel Ive decided to hook up the bkool again. Thing is Ive moved since last I used it and all the settings from laptop to LCD flat screen Tv have apparently changed....erm...and I forgot how it was set up.

So i need some guidence on how to get my laptop to sync with the lcd tv display so that I see the bkool on the laptop and the TV concurrently.

Right now I have an HDMI cable joining the two. I have tried to add the additional screen in the laptop control panel settings. I have my laptop as screen 1 and the tv as screen 2. On the laptop all is well and usable. However on the tv all I see is my laptop screensaver. The tv does not change along with the laptop, I see no mouse, no task bar or task bar icons. Just the photo I use on my laptop as my screen save.

I had this set up correctly last winter, and I have completely forgotton how I did it.

Any suggestions??

TIA :smile:

burndust

Parts unknown...baby
Sounds like youve set it to extended desktop you want clone display On laptops its generally the function key and either f4 or f5...to get it...theres normally an icon like a tv on the key...if you press the function key plus either f4 or f5 you should see a little tool bar appear

Asa Post

Super Iconic Legend
The new software is settling down nicely.
I did a 3D session yesterday, and I was impressed. Smooth graphics (apart from occasional brief freezes that I barely had time to notice), good "road feel" and a rider who gets out of the saddle when the power goes up, leans into corners, and seems to match my cadence. Even the shadow of the bike and rider changes position as you change direction. I didn't use any opponents so I don't know how they would show, but if they are as good as the other improvements it will be great to use.

harly

I'm having all sorts of problems with mine , from not pairing to running soooo slow , freezing graphics .. I'm running on a oldish laptop so not sure if graphics card is up to it , getting a new one at weekend to try out

carlskinner

Can someone please help a complete newby to turbos?

I wanted to do the FTP test, which i thought was 20 minutes long but when i load the FTP test it comes up as 1 hour 24 minutes.
I couldn't see where the 20 minute session would be of full power or am i completely misunderstanding!?!

Carl

Asa Post

Super Iconic Legend
Can someone please help a complete newby to turbos?

I wanted to do the FTP test, which i thought was 20 minutes long but when i load the FTP test it comes up as 1 hour 24 minutes.
I couldn't see where the 20 minute session would be of full power or am i completely misunderstanding!?!
[This reply assumes that you are using the latest version of Bkool - the one with the 3D option]

I can't even find the FTP test!!
It used to be there, called FTP - 1, and had a 10 minute warm up (optional, but advised) a 20 minute thrash and a 5 minute cool down, so 35 minutes in total. It seems to have disappeared in the change to the new system, which happened last week.
I did the test a while back, so it appears on my Activity list, but when I try to duplicate the session I get "Page not found". It may be that the changeover isn't fully operational and the tests will reappear in time.
The FAQs haven't been updated either, so they aren't much use at the moment.
There are 2 user-created rides which seem to incorporate a 20 minute test, but they wont calculate your FTP, give you an Activity Level, and use it in future rides like the official Bkool one did. If you want to try them, click on Sessions, then on NO GPS, and then type "FTP 20" into the Keyword box.

How did you find this 84 minute session?

carlskinner

[This reply assumes that you are using the latest version of Bkool - the one with the 3D option]

I can't even find the FTP test!!
It used to be there, called FTP - 1, and had a 10 minute warm up (optional, but advised) a 20 minute thrash and a 5 minute cool down, so 35 minutes in total. It seems to have disappeared in the change to the new system, which happened last week.
I did the test a while back, so it appears on my Activity list, but when I try to duplicate the session I get "Page not found". It may be that the changeover isn't fully operational and the tests will reappear in time.
The FAQs haven't been updated either, so they aren't much use at the moment.
There are 2 user-created rides which seem to

It's still called Ftp-1, I can only find it through the 'create plan' section.
I did 20 minutes and there was no indication of a effort increase over the 84 minutes so I called it a day and resorted here to find a answer!

I think something is not quite right, maybe the changes you speak of above

Last edited by a moderator:

harly

does anyone know if its possible to turn my own cycleroutes into 3d maps or only the ones bkool have been putting up ,it does say all the routes on earth on 3d but cant find out how to do that

Asa Post

Super Iconic Legend
does anyone know if its possible to turn my own cycleroutes into 3d maps or only the ones bkool have been putting up ,it does say all the routes on earth on 3d but cant find out how to do that
I've had a look at the routes I put on, mostly under the old system but there is one under the new.
The only one that has a 3D option is the video (Baslow to Owler Bar), so at the moment I think the answer is No.

bowtomephil

Hi, I am new to these forums and Bkool. I have one on order, couldn't resist the price. In fact it was cheaper to order from bkool.com and get it delivered from Spain than to buy in the UK. (worked out £280)

Anyway, there are so many questions and not a lot of answers on the Bkool website. They do respond to Twitter questions quickly.

I want to know about 3d, how do you save one etc.

I wanted the ability to load a gpx of say 300 miles, and do it in stages and it remembers where it left off, says do 60 miles a day over 5 days. That doesnt exist and they said it wont. Breaking up the GPX into stages would work fine though.
I havent received mine yet, but was playing with the online element and accidently clicked a session to schedule. It worked fine, but you can't then delete it, they replied on Twitter saying you can't.
I tried to upload one of my Road rides from my 800 and it loaded okay , but once loaded the website switched to Spanish.

I am excited about it though, I used my Turbo trainer last year a lot and did 45 minutes at a time (on a straight road effectively). This will give me more incentive, doing different GPX tracks with hills etc, videos, 3d etc.

I also don't know how to search on Groups, how do I find the cyclechat group to join ?

Thanks in advance for any answers

Asa Post

Super Iconic Legend
Hi, I am new to these forums and Bkool.
[Snip]
I want to know about 3d, how do you save one etc.
I also don't know how to search on Groups, how do I find the cyclechat group to join ?
:welcome:

To join the group, click on the magnifying glass in the top black border. Delete the ticks except for Groups. Type Cyclechat in the search box and press Enter. That should get you to the group details, where there is a Join this Group button.
If you want to share your rides with the rest of the group, you'll need to configure your training privacy settings accordingly.

3D rides can't be created by users as far as I can tell. Maybe it'll come in time.

[Edit] It looks like video rides can also be ridden as 3D rides, so if you upload a video you can create one that way. Whether it's worth doing is another matter.

Top Bottom