Team BKool CycleChat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

harly

new update to bkool today i can now use my existing 2d rides which are now 3d , altho it used random scenery and there was a few floating trees on the roads it was good change to google earth

bowtomephil

Sounds good

bowtomephil

I have made my first video, but it's only 28 minutes and 6.3 miles(I am slow) due to VIRB writing in less than 4gb chunks, anybody know how to add another video to the end of the 1st , its the same ride?

bowtomephil

Not yet, I have to shrink it, they only allow 2.5gb files uploaded.... Working on a couple , nothing exciting though : )

harly

Right .. been wanting to do this myself of a few of my local rides but just never got around to it

bowtomephil

Hmm, due to my slow speed, I can't get 20 mile video less than 3.9gb, it needs to be 2.5. So I guess I have to use my scooter or car and travel at a steady 20mph.

harly

I'm sure that's what Asa post did to get his video on making sure you can't see any part of the car your in in the video

Asa Post

Super Iconic Legend
I'm sure that's what Asa post did to get his video on making sure you can't see any part of the car your in in the video
Nope, mine was filmed from the bike.
They recommend using a car, or (even better) a motorbike. I tried it with the car, but couldn't drive slow enough to make it look genuine.
I've seen a lot of submitted videos that were obviously filmed from the bike handlebars, so it looks like they aren't too fussy if the advice they give is ignored :blush:

Asa Post

Super Iconic Legend
It's just the size I can't do from a bike because I am slow. I get overtaken a lot by other cyclists.
Me too.
I'm working on a one hour ride of c. 14 miles at the moment. I hadn't thought to check the file size, I usually try to use the best quality available. I think I'm going to have to redo it :angry:

harly

Nope, mine was filmed from the bike.
They recommend using a car, or (even better) a motorbike. /QUOTE]
Ah ...I remembered a car been mentioned somewhere in a reply , I've tried a couple of times doing a video from a camera on my handlebars and when I've watched them back they haven't been fit to use ,
On a different topic I got a reply from bkool regarding the 3d videos , I was wondering why when I make a route and look on the sim some are changeing to 3d and some have stayed 2 d .. There reply was there changeing them manually and it takes a day or 2 at there end because of the high demand

Last edited:

bowtomephil

I thought it was done on the fly... Maybe they should allow us to render them.... It would be nice if we could create our own video, whatever size and use it locally...

I guess that will come...Still waiting on my trainer, no rush though as it is still warm and light when I get home, so can get out.

Top Bottom