Team BKool CycleChat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Asa Post

Super Iconic Legend
Still no FTP tests?
They're back :dance::dance::dance:

Sessions - No GPS - bottom of the left-hand column under "Created by", there's a GENERATE FTP TEST button

bowtomephil

Was going to use a Laptop on a baby's highchair to control the trainer. But then found the Tacx T2092 mount. Now can use wife's Ipad or my Nexus.

bowtomephil

Quick question, I have just set mine up. When I peddle it seems bumpy on the back wheel, is it me or is that normal at the start?

harly

mine can be a bit like that feels bumpy , i have schwalbe ultremos on so smooth tyre , i just inflate the tyre more than i do if im on the road

Listener666

Regular
Hi , had the BKool trainer for a couple of months now.........................thought I would join the group as i often have a read through the posts.

Really enjoying the trainer, especially with the new software........great value. I am returning to cycling after a few years of beer and curry...........

Iv been out on my mountain bike for most of the summer but will buy another road bike for next spring............just need to lose more pounds now, thanks to the BKool (and diet) its sliding off though

Asa Post

Super Iconic Legend
Hi , had the BKool trainer for a couple of months now.........................thought I would join the group as i often have a read through the posts.

Really enjoying the trainer, especially with the new software........great value. I am returning to cycling after a few years of beer and curry...........

Iv been out on my mountain bike for most of the summer but will buy another road bike for next spring............just need to lose more pounds now, thanks to the BKool (and diet) its sliding off though
:welcome:

Keep the hard work up over winter and you'll be flying by spring.

bowtomephil

Welcome.

My first go last night, I am on my old bike where the gears aren't as good for climbs as my road bike.
I actually did a course slower on the Trainer, weird, I thought would be quicker as no wind. I reckon my road bike is a lot better than my old road bike.

I know I soaked a towel in sweat and my Nike headband.

Felt dam good afterwards though.

Shame my connection dropped after 10 minutes, although that's a device/ location issue which is fixable. I never got 3d view though and Bkool told me it was created on the fly.

bob01

Regular
Hi All, new guy here - got myself a KICKR yesterday and have be checking out 3D/VR sims for the cold season (lasts a long time here in Canada) - goal is to stay fit and have some indoor fun with the bike - BKOOL seems to be the ticket.

Enjoying it so far - looking forward to seeing the results next spring :smile:

Thanks for all the info here.
Cheers.
- Rob

Asa Post

Super Iconic Legend
Hi All, new guy here - got myself a KICKR yesterday and have be checking out 3D/VR sims for the cold season (lasts a long time here in Canada) - goal is to stay fit and have some indoor fun with the bike - BKOOL seems to be the ticket.

Enjoying it so far - looking forward to seeing the results next spring :smile:

Thanks for all the info here.
Cheers.
- Rob
:welcome:
I think you're the first KICKR user in the group. If I correctly understand what I've read, you use KICKR hardware with the BKOOL software. At least there's no chance of wearing out your rear tyre, or getting a puncture as @burndust seems to have managed:laugh:.
Let us know how you get on with it.

Hi all. I've been lurking out her for the past week or so researching my winter riding gear. I live in New England (US) and am preparing for another long winter.

I have to say that this thread is the longest running and most informative piece for the BKool. So much so that I have read the whole thread.

I'm torn between a BKool trainer (holding out for the new black edition due here in a few weeks) or the Wahoo Kickr (which was just posted above me).

I'm really more ingested in the 3D simulation on rides that I've done already or rides that I'd like to do in the future.

My LBS sells and demos the BKool trainer and software so I plan on getting a few rides in (I've created a BKool account and uploaded a few Strava routes that I am very familiar with).

I cannot find anyplace within 75 miles that sells or demos the Kickr trainer. I like the kickr for the size (I am trying to fit within the footprint of my Keiser M3 spin bike that I intend to replace) and the fact that the kickr won't be producing rubber dust that would drive my wife and cats mad.

I am going to keep abreast of this thread and promise not to hijack it. I am even more interested in the kickr with the BKool software approach.

Thanks,

-Glen

bowtomephil

I used to have a TACX Satori and got a puncture. Funny thing is, have been riding road bikes since 2011 I think and not have one road puncture, ridden 2100 miles so far this year.

The BKOOL software and trainer is really making me sweat hard, my heart has never pumped so hard. 8% of the simulator kills my legs(I am old and have knee issues and slipped disc in back) But my back doesn't hurt during or after and my knees don't hurt during or after, in fact they feel stronger. I will never be a Wiggins, but this software makes riding indoors(garage) more fun. Although I did a league ride and was actually second from last then got overtaken and ended up last (I expect nothing less).

I ride outdoors for fitness and enjoyment, never speed, I only average 14.5mph for 50 miles plus at my best. And the best for 10 miles is about 17.5mph average. But I don't care, it is great riding roads I have never ridden before, I can now do that in my Garage.

Last edited:
Top Bottom