Team BKool CycleChat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BILL S

Guru
( throws down gauntlet) Bill, I would say this one is pretty much made for you. Youv'e got the stamina to take the first 24k at speed and the climbing ability to skip up those last 5k. Honest mate, absolutely no pressure:whistle:

We will see. I have a tendency to go too quick for the majority of a stage and have nothing left for the last part, which in this case is pretty important not to do.
It'd be good if we can have some ghosts to pace ourselves against though. :okay:

BILL S

Guru
I was using an Android tablet and I just got the ' Do you want to Quit' message and nothing was changing so I thought my only option was to hit the Yes button and it let me save the incomplete ride. Would I have known when the ride was completed?

On the laptop you still see yourself moving forward as usual and the ride progressing but you no longer see any competitors. I guess its not the same with a tablet if you don't see anything changing.

RickB

professional procrastinator
We will see. I have a tendency to go too quick for the majority of a stage and have nothing left for the last part, which in this case is pretty important not to do.
It'd be good if we can have some ghosts to pace ourselves against though. :okay:
Was going to ask if people fancied having some ghosts on for this one. I made use of one on my initial run!:whistle:. Any objections to having some?

Just to add to the competitiveness. The final climb registers on strava for aa virtual KOM. Alan just robbed me of it tonight! :cry:

Goldwolfie

Veteran
On the laptop you still see yourself moving forward as usual and the ride progressing but you no longer see any competitors. I guess its not the same with a tablet if you don't see anything changing.

Yep, that appears to be the case.
A laptop or PC seems to be the way to go then.

bobinski

Legendary Member

Was going to ask if people fancied having some ghosts on for this one. I made use of one on my initial run!:whistle:. Any objections to having some?

Just to add to the competitiveness. The final climb registers on strava for aa virtual KOM. Alan just robbed me of it tonight! :cry:

Ghosts?!? How very dare you:thumbsdown::gun: Both of you. Shouldn't admins know better?:cycle:

RickB

professional procrastinator
And who's this Baldo Mero character who beat you both using only 175 Watts? Must weigh only 40kg
56kg to be precise. How does any adult weigh that little???

Baldo's a new member - just asked to sign up recently on one of the other threads. 3 or 4 new names in this week. I think our leagues are getting a lot of exposure on bkool these days and drawing people to cyclechat. Pity there's so many request to join but never come on here. They mustn't read the membership criteria for the groups!

Edit: He's using a vortex trainer so that explains the performance difference.

Baldo Mero

And who's this Baldo Mero character who beat you both using only 175 Watts? Must weigh only 40kg

56 kg indeed. My FTP is 3.1 - 3.2 w/Kg. Funny thing: for some reason it keeps rejecting my attempts to league rides with a cross in a "coherent weight" field in the validation results checklist. However, this one is now accepted in spite of that. It is nice to have a flat stage with a final climb, I did not suffer any downhill :dance:

Baldo Mero

56kg to be precise. How does any adult weigh that little???

170 cm, small frame, and very little fat after many years on trail running and endurance sports. I may lie about my age, not about my weight ;D

Baldo's a new member - just asked to sign up recently on one of the other threads. 3 or 4 new names in this week. I think our leagues are getting a lot of exposure on bkool these days and drawing people to cyclechat. Pity there's so many request to join but never come on here. They mustn't read the membership criteria for the groups!

Edit: He's using a vortex trainer so that explains the performance difference.

C'mon, give me some slack.... I have been complaining and suffering the vortex on the previous rides because of the slow and unrealistic downhill speeds. This stage is just perfect for that. I assure you, the 11% climb was painful enough and pumping just a little above 200w I don't think that vortex gives me much advantage on the climbs :angel:

JLaw

Veteran
Well that was frustrating - I was toddling up the Moose Stage 5 and was only 0.4 Miles from the top when I lost my connection. For me it looked like being a good time as well. I kept going for a minute or so, but the session never recovered. My attempt needs to be denied from the League stats as it is listed as 'My Attempt'.
It's the first time I've suffered from this, and what I've read from others on the forum, I suppose I shouldn't complain.
At least I got some climbing practice in for the climb at the end of the Chain Gang Stage 1.
I'll have another bash at the 'lost' stage after Thursday.
I'm comfortable adding a "guesstimate" on time for the last .4 miles. If you were hitting ~8mph at the end of the climb, then you'd need ~3 minutes to cover the last .4 miles.

JLaw

Veteran
Sorry, you have mis-understood, I've done 2 stages today (must be mad) and there's 3 more to do but for some reason they are not showing when I look on bsim software under the league tab.
Strange, no idea why it'd do that. The rides are still open.

Top Bottom