Team BKool CycleChat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Asa Post

Super Iconic Legend
So I could be cool by riding a bcoool on my bkool :becool:

Snaily

Waypoints and Courses. 10€ from Old Man Biking

I save the gpx as a course in Sporttracks, and then merge it with an existing activity.

Thanks for your assistance Asa and apologies for the many questions.

I have mailed BKool asking if the ability to export rides to Strava is in the planning in the future, I would assume so as the option to export as GPX and TCX are options but greyed out.
I also asked if there was any planning for a community forum on the Bkool site, seems strange the Bkool has been available for over a year but has no way of community support.

In the meantime I have found a work around by downloading the HRM file of your session from BKool, open the route map for that session and then re-create the route in which ever software you use and save as a GPX. You are then able to merge the 2 files using tcxcreator by just dragging and dropping into the program. Both files need to have the same name. Finally upload into Strava.

Thanks

Asa Post

Super Iconic Legend
Thanks for your assistance Asa and apologies for the many questions.
No trouble at all.

I have mailed BKool asking if the ability to export rides to Strava is in the planning in the future, I would assume so as the option to export as GPX and TCX are options but greyed out.
I also asked if there was any planning for a community forum on the Bkool site, seems strange the Bkool has been available for over a year but has no way of community support.
I think the gpx and tcx exports are for rides that you really did outside, so when you uploaded them to Bkool the track was already part of the file.

In the meantime I have found a work around by downloading the HRM file of your session from BKool, open the route map for that session and then re-create the route in which ever software you use and save as a GPX. You are then able to merge the 2 files using tcxcreator by just dragging and dropping into the program. Both files need to have the same name. Finally upload into Strava.
Now bookmarked. It's always good to have alternatives, so thanks for that. :thumbsup:

Snaily

One issue I have found by merging the gpx and hrm files and uploading to Strava is that it still analyzes the segments and being on the trainer has a significant effect over my overall standings compared to when on my road bike. On the 17 mile loop I did yesterday after converting and uploading to Strava had 2 KOM, three 2nd place podiums and numerous pr's. I quickly deleted the ride from Strava.

There is a thread over on the Strava Customer Support forums highlighting this issue.

Changing the subject to the BKool hardware I'm interested in knowing what the roller is like on the first gen trainers (black roller), is there any texture to it or is it smooth? On mine with the silver rollers it has a grooved texture to it and I was wondering if that was contributing to making more airborne noise?

Last edited:

Asa Post

Super Iconic Legend
One issue I have found by merging the gpx and hrm files and uploading to Strava is that it still analyzes the segments and being on the trainer has a significant effect over my overall standings compared to when on my road bike. On the 17 mile loop I did yesterday after converting and uploading to Strava had 2 KOM, three 2nd place podiums and numerous pr's. I quickly deleted the ride from Strava.

There is a thread over on the Strava Customer Support forums highlighting this issue.
I hadn't seen the thread, but I decided a few days ago to delete my virtual rides from Strava and upload them again without the route data so they didn't show on leader boards. I wasn't comfortable with my sudden "improvement".
Unfortunately, sometimes when I copy a route in mapping software it doesn't give the ascent figure. In fact, it doesn't give any altitude data at all. I assume this is dependent on the map that the site uses for that part of the world. As an example, after I "rode" up the Col du Tourmalet I copied the route on BikeHike and the gradient was flat from beginning to end. When I uploaded the file to Strava, the ascent data appeared and I was also able to compare my effort with other people's real times for the climb. Then I deleted the ride and uploaded a file without the gpx in it.
I have kept the "data + gpx" files on my own software - but there I'm only up against myself, and I still mark all Bkool rides as VR (virtual reality) so I can filter them out whenever I want pure outdoor figures.

The idea of Strava having a separate tag for VR rides is excellent. I hope it's implemented, and soon.

Snaily

A simple work around from the Strava support thread until the issue is fixed......

Just an FYI. I've found the best work-around (at this time) is to simply mark your ride as 'private'. Yes, it will hide the ride from everyone else, but at least you can see all of your ride data. Or, use another platform until this is corrected.

Regards

Breedon

Legendary Member

Breedon

Legendary Member
I've just done one of the groups session of 10 mile's did a time of 29.45 and just beat a guy called edan and what happend? BSIM crashed ffs not saving my session:evil: im extremly pissed felt like kicking the pc/bike grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

kipster

Guru
Had an opportunity to set up the Christmas present and make sure it works, a quick 5km in Exeter using BSIM. Proper distances to come over the next few days.

Top Bottom