Team BKool CycleChat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I just installed BKOOL on my Mac mini M1 16GB. It runs (spectating) at 30 FPS regardless of choosing Low, Medium, High or Ultra at 1080P or 1440P and in 3D, video and map mode. So, just as Zwift on Apple TV is capped at 30 FPS, so is BKOOL on the M1 Mac mini. :sad:

Old BKOOL PC still ticking along butter smooth at 60 FPS (60Hz screen) with the new sim version. :smile:

Office PC with Ryzen 5 3800X, 16 GB and RTX 2060 at 75 FPS (75Hz screen, same one used for the Mac).
you own some serious computing power. I've always been satisfied with the mini but it's too old to add ram. The laptop has 8 gb but I didn't want to upgrade from Windows 7 because my wife has a ton of photography stuff that I haven't copied to her new one.
when telling a friend about my woes he reminded me of the the last time I bought enough ram to double from 2 megs to 4. Man that's a lot.and you'll never fill up that 30 meg hard drive.

Last edited:

Brusgaard

Über Guru
you own some serious computing power. I've always been satisfied with the mini but it's too old to add ram. The laptop has 8 gb but I didn't want to upgrade from Windows 7 because my wife has a ton of photography stuff that I haven't copied to her new one.
when telling a friend about my woes he reminded me of the the last time I bought enough ram to double from 2 megs to 4. Man that's a lot.and you'll never fill up that 30 meg hard drive.

You can still do an inplace upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10, at least with the Pro edition, so you don't have to copy data or reinstall apps. I have had a couple of PCs where it failed in the process, but then it just reverted back to W7 automatically.

I started out with 32 MB in my first PC (a Pentium 150 MHz) in '96. Coming from an Amiga 4000 with probably around 10MB total, that was a huge amount of memory. But I quickly found some cheap RAM (from a, ahem, questionable source :whistle:) and upgraded to 64MB. :smile:

Aleman

Knees are FUBAR but I don't like to mention it
I started out with 32 MB in my first PC (a Pentium 150 MHz) in '96. Coming from an Amiga 4000 with probably around 10MB total, that was a huge amount of memory. But I quickly found some cheap RAM (from a, ahem, questionable source :whistle:) and upgraded to 64MB. :smile:
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

My first PC, (may have been an 8086 possibly an 80186!), had 512KB of RAM, and 4 360Kb floppy drives!! :eek: and I used to develop software on it, machine code, pascal and C!!! with command based compilers and linkers! After a couple of months we put a 10MB hard drive in it and it was luxury. Couldn't write the bloatware of today on that beastie, man you learned how to write "Tight" optimised code

Bloody Kids today, they don't know what it was like back in the day, Getting up before we went to bed to like the street clean :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Brusgaard

Über Guru

My first PC, (may have been an 8086 possibly an 80186!), had 512KB of RAM, and 4 360Kb floppy drives!! :eek: and I used to develop software on it, machine code, pascal and C!!! with command based compilers and linkers! After a couple of months we put a 10MB hard drive in it and it was luxury. Couldn't write the bloatware of today on that beastie, man you learned how to write "Tight" optimised code

Bloody Kids today, they don't know what it was like back in the day, Getting up before we went to bed to like the street clean :rofl::rofl::rofl:

I started out on the C64 with 64KB RAM and a tape drive! Upgraded later to a disk drive, which cost about the same as the computer itself! Did program on that, straight in assembly language but without the luxury of a real assembler. So a JSR $1020 would have to be manually corrected to JSR $1030 if I had added som code which pushed the subroutine them 16 bytes further up.
Quite silly, but back then I didn't know anyone else who used assembly language from whom I could get a real assembler. So I had to make do with the (dis)assembler in my Final Cartridge. Saving a file was save from memory location $1000 to $2000 if my program/data was in that space, and relocating to another part of memory was not possible with the "static" code. :laugh:

Yeah. Same here. Had the XT and leapfrogged over the AT right to a 386 with the new 3 1/2 floppy. Now 4 gigs of ram isn't enough to run the new bkool sim.

Ill send the password for the guest log in and you can try it. But not on your 286 pc.

shimceltic

Veteran
What's tomorrows stage like?
Also the virtual giro starts on Friday, is that gonna still be via the beta? Not looked into it with the house move etc.

Brusgaard

Über Guru
The new mac mini installed with 8 gigs of ram but video not showing up on the ride I did this morning. The giro shows not available until the 15th.

Probably not enough memory for video. I ordered the one with 16 GB, as you can't upgrade it...

Brusgaard

Über Guru
What's tomorrows stage like?
Also the virtual giro starts on Friday, is that gonna still be via the beta? Not looked into it with the house move etc.
1634157582711.jpeg

They didn’t release the new version 5.63 just to bring some new bugs to the table and inform people of their obsolete hardware, but also to make it possible to do the few Giro AR rides. :smile:

Last edited:
Top Bottom