Team BKool CycleChat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

shimceltic

Veteran
New SIM failed on the Mac Mini. Tried an old iPad and apple TV and it fai!ed. It acted like it would work but she clicking the start arrow just went back. Now taking an old laptop with hdmi out to the shed. It took forever to downloaded the new program.
Of course, to put it in perspective, I'm getting a program from Spain and racing against people thousands of miles away. But hey I expect instant gratification.
@shimceltic did you buy some kind of sale item? Two moves for the price of one?
My Dad's took a month or so to arrange, he's gone to a ground floor flat due to bad knees/arthritis. Mt move took 10 months!

The new Sim does not work well with windows 7. It will be usable until Amazon deliverers my new mini PC on the 22nd. Needed 8gb of ram.
Cheap bike shed unit. Now need 4K TV.

Attachments

• 24D99DD7-07A8-4C90-A6C0-CAF15123FF80.png
    24D99DD7-07A8-4C90-A6C0-CAF15123FF80.png
    55.5 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:

Brusgaard

Über Guru
The new Sim does not work well with windows 7. It will be usable until Amazon deliverers my new mini PC on the 22nd. Needed 8gb of ram.
Cheap bike shed unit. Now need 4K TV.
Sorry to say, but that will probably suck and not fit for purpose...

Half the CPU speed, and 15x slower GPU than what I used in my OLD BKOOL computer.

Hopefully you didn't pay much more than $100-150 for that 2 year old cr*p... It has about the power of a 2012 Mac Mini...

You don't need a 4K display for that. If you are lucky you might get 30FPS at 1080P "Low", 2160P would probably be like 5-10FPS if working at all.

Yours, my old and the current CPU:
1633641923567.png

Yours, my old and current GPU:
1633641996138.png

Last edited:
Sorry to say, but that will probably suck!

Half the CPU speed, and 15x slower GPU than what I used in my OLD BKOOL computer.

Hopefully you didn't pay much more than $100-150 for that 2 year old cr*p...

You don't need a 4K display for that. If you are lucky you might get 30FPS at 1080P, 2160P would probably be like 5-10FPS if working at all.

Yours, my old and the current CPU:
View attachment 612510

Yours, my old and current GPU:
View attachment 612511
I will pay for it in about 10 years with the savings in yearly running costs

Edit: just canceled it because it would be too slow to get here and ordered another Mac mini that should be here next Wednesday.
I’m not really a Mac guy but own it just for the x-code for an app I have on the iTunes Store

Last edited:

Brusgaard

Über Guru
Just done stage 1, as I am busy tomorrow. @Brusgaard 's ghost set a flying pace! I was nowhere close. Lets see if he can keep up with himself tomorrow!

I didn’t add any ghosts deliberately. But I had to redo the stage setup several times, they might have slipped in.
2 of the times were set on the Pro in the ol’ days and one last year on the NEO2. If I was on form, the Neo time should be attainable!

I will start it tomorrow night and I will remove legacy ghosts/bots beforehand as originally intended.

Brusgaard

Über Guru
@Brusgaard

I have made many many excuses for being slow but have never had the chance to make any for being too fast. If your last real world rides are any indication and you're recovered from your illnesses you should beat your old bkool time.

Almost recovered now. Will go outside for a spin/pootle tomorrow and asses the damage…
I was fitter in late 2020 than now, and a some kilos lighter in the Pro days + the bWatts.

I struggle to do above 3wkg for even 30mins indoor racez these days, so a time around 42-45 minutes tomorrow will be fine…

Last edited:
Top Bottom