1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Team High Road

Discussion in 'Pro Cycling (Road and Track Racing)' started by Keith Oates, 21 Jan 2008.

1. Keith Oates

Keith Oates Janner

Whoever designed their outfits, they must be weel in the lead for the least attractive team colours in the peleton at the moment. Slipstream can now rest easy at having lost that title!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. Steve Austin

Steve Austin The Marmalade Kid

I think its only a temporary job until they can find anyone to sponsors

3. Dave5N

Dave5N Über Member

The black is just winter training kit. They said they were planning to race in different colours in different countries.

As Roger Hammond pointed out, it took a real genius to give them all black kit to train on British roads in the winter.

4. OP
    OP
    Keith Oates

Keith Oates Janner

He certainly has a point Dave5N!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. walker

walker New Member

I'm not to sure they will get a new sponsor this side of 2009. I'm sure T-mobile Have a claus that must say, if anoyone is to come in this year they will take back there Generosity payment to get them through this year. Unless they get a sponsor that will put in no money this year or maybe just half

6. Chuffy

Chuffy Veteran

That's about the only kit that I'd consider wearing! Surely you can't even begin to compare it with that masterpiece of foulness that Millar and Co will be sporting?

7. OP
    OP
    Keith Oates

Keith Oates Janner

The only sports people that look good in black are "the All Blacks" anything else pales into insignificance!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8. Dave5N

Dave5N Über Member

You don't like the golfing look then?

9. Chuffy

Chuffy Veteran

Glof? Don't get me started on glof, that's not a sport! Mincing about in pastel slacks and nasty jumpers with a stick. Pah!
    It's about time that cycling abandoned it's obsession with looking like the inside of a packet of Skittles and embraced it's Goth roots. Black kit, black bikes, shades, aero mohicans, eyeliner and fingerless leather mitts with studs. ;)

10. yorkshiregoth

yorkshiregoth Master of all he surveys

Sounds good to me, so where does one buy black leather studded cycle gloves?? (And I'm only half joking) :tongue:

11. Chuffy

Chuffy Veteran

Right now I think one buys black studded mitts and calls them cycling gloves. ;)

...or buy those Rapha gloves and customise them. :tongue:

12. simonali

simonali Über Member

Are we to assume that the Cardinal is due a respray soon, Mr Brightredbike? ;)

13. Chuffy

Chuffy Veteran

Oh hush.
    :?:

14. OP
    OP
    Keith Oates

Keith Oates Janner

What ever the colour of their outfits they've started the season well with having one of their riders win the TDU. Well done to Andre Greipel the new leader of this year's Pro tour!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

15. alecstilleyedye

alecstilleyedye nothing in moderation Staff Member

i like black kit, despite it seemingly being frowned upon.