Team Raleigh

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

woodbutcher

Veteran
Now l confess to being an ignoramus regarding Raleigh bikes but l thought this may be of interest , for sale here in France . Size 55cm .
41bbabf394c8ce9946b93cf8a8bf3698de5a6bf5.jpg
d8a59ffb47b424290104ac36a736eb0a00b135eb.jpg

Cycleops

Legendary Member
These were available in several different 'flavours'. The Europa was for the mass market and had a 'cooking' frame, note the light mount boss on the forks.
The one to go for is this in 753. There may have been other versions in 531 and 501.

raleigh-team-pro-56cm.jpg

OP
OP
woodbutcher

woodbutcher

Veteran
Please don't be, l should realise that since the asking price is 15 euros then it probably isn't worth the effort of going to look .

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
I don’t know if it the same material, but the frame looks the same as my Tour de France.

midlife

Guru
Raleigh were never shy with flogging bikes with the Raleigh livery, Europa, Record, Team, Pro, SBDU etc all got the fairy dust designed to sell :smile:

Raleighs can be a little deceiving, at the top end, SBDU;are very plain: no chrome, no pantograph, (unlike your Italians ^_^.);As a result you can sometimes find a real bargain .

Actually I learnt this week that 1974 SBDU bikes have half chromed forks. :smile:

I now know because I had the best offer on one, until the seller, with whom I had been in contact, took an offline bid without giving me the chance to make counter offer:cursing:

Top Bottom