Team Raleigh

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
to be honest l cant remember the exact amount but it was about 80 or 90 euros , l do know that the frame and forks etc was 15 euros .
It looks like a later version of the BSA TdF with the fluted seat stays. With a decent set of alloy wheels they ride quite nicely on the road. If you could get it for a reasonable price you could get it as something to play with to do up and ride. You could then compare it with your more exotic machines and give us your feed back. :whistle:

OP
OP
woodbutcher

woodbutcher

Veteran
Nice idea, l cant do it with this particular bike because it is far to big for me but l will keep looking for a British steel bike from say the 1970s / early 1980's and have a play with it ^_^
Of course l already have the old Faggin and the Coppi ...obviously not British though !

The picture insert looks very attractive and would give you a target to aim for if you decided to take the challenge.

As for Raleigh ownership I sort of have 3. A Raleigh Criterium Triathlon 12, 501 tubing. A Raleigh Granada 531 butted tubing and a BSA TdF ? Tubing possibly Truwell ! They all ride well although I haven't ridden the TdF very much. I fitted alloy wheels on the TdF as it didn't have any when I bought it.
It is also a bit of a Goldilocks Syndrome! The 501 is a bit on the big side, the Granada is a bit on the small side and the TdF is just right.

OP
OP
woodbutcher

woodbutcher

Veteran
You should buy some really cheap ones and then bring them back to uk to sell ?
The thought had crossed my brain cell but how to organise such a trip would be a severe challenge for me !! Come to think of it, getting to the UK with the bikes would be the easy part, its the selling and delivery that would be a challenge :bicycle:

PHL67

Veteran
The thought had crossed my brain cell but how to organise such a trip would be a severe challenge for me !! Come to think of it, getting to the UK with the bikes would be the easy part, its the selling and delivery that would be a challenge :bicycle:
If you do decide to bring some back some vintage Peugeot’s would be appreciated to work on.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Just found this on YouTube, you night find it interesting;

View: https://youtu.be/QGcbQR2FWdY

Seems to be from a Frenchie too.

Definitely a continental version, rear brake lever on the right.

The European version of the team record had half chromed forks and 531 main triangle and forks.

I always think that they represent a sweet spot in the market: good spec, 531, the classic Raleigh colours and often going for around 120

Top Bottom