Team Wiggins

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
TT team ... not sure how that will work.
Steve Burke
Mark Christian
Jon Dibben
Owain Doull
David Patten
Iain Paton
Andy Tennet
Micheal Thompson

Last edited:

oldroadman

Veteran
TT team ... not sure how that will work.
Steve Burke
Mark Christian
Jon Dibben
Owain Doull
David Patten
Iain Paton
Andy Tennet
Micheal Thompson

It will work because they have race winning riders. The best work for team pursuiter endurance is road racing. There will be plenty of people who ride against them this season them who will wish they did only ride pursuit and TT!

Is this not a vehicle for BW's hunt for gold next year in Brazil? And if so, will the team fold after the olympics? Or does BW have a desire to be a grand fromage supremo team owner à la Mr O Tinkov?
We shall see.

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
I think the long-term plan is that it's a Sky British development team.

oldroadman

Veteran
I was referring to .. where will a TT team fit in to the UCI calender
As it seems they will be registering as a UCI conti team, they can enter any event open to that level of team, if the organisers accept them, and any race open to their categories in UK racing, and anywhere else they get an invitation provided they are eligible. I find it hard to imagine that a team with the BW name attached will be hard up for invitations!

oldroadman

Veteran
I don't know whether it's just Wiggins' current involvement but, in a short piece on the TV this afternoon, he definitely gave the team a strong track orientation.

EDIT: The interview is here - http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/cycling/30726078
Track focussed in developing team pursuiters, which does not mean they have to ride track all the time. This will be a powerful road team up to pro-conti level. Expect some rare old scraps on home roads where only domestic teams are involved. certainly no-one in the line up published is short on power and sheer speed.

AndyRM

XOXO
Not a fan of the kit, though it might look better in the Lycra rather than a low resolution mockup.

What are the six random lines for? I assume his 6 World Championship medals?

Top Bottom