Tecno-Numpty needs help .... please.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Andrew_P

In between here and there
Get torrenting!

Profpointy

Legendary Member
MP3 is good enough for my ears on the equipment I can afford to buy. I use MP3tag to fix the tags and to embed the all-important album art.

Mp3 is pretty good - but there's really no downside to having slighlty better, albeit not in the car. Ok more discspace but I've got a vast amount of music without problem - at least with a proper hard disc. Ssds are smaller granted

the_mikey

Legendary Member
I have a swanky new car, but this has thrown up a problem *first World*.

I own approximately 600+ CD's, yet the stereo *see infotainment system* doesn't have a CD player *poor form*, it does however have 2x SD card slots in the glove box which one assumes is to play sum'O' dat muzak !

But how do I transfer my CD's to SD card, prefer not to go anywhere near my laptop as it is roughly as old as @postman & almost as temperamental. (Sorry postie, I needed a name & yours as good as any).

Is there any hardware such as a CD/Radio system that can do this job or should I just buy a new laptop ?

Thanks.

One wonders why they insisted on SD card slots and not the more ubiquitous USB A female slot?

*Assuming* it plays MP3 files, then you could download from Amazon, Bandcamp, 7Digital, or some other music store (but not Itunes)

In general, the only way to get your CD's onto SD cards is to rip the CD's to mp3 and copy the files that way, although new laptops increasingly don't come with CD drives...

Shut Up Legs

Down Under Member
One wonders why they insisted on SD card slots and not the more ubiquitous USB A female slot?

*Assuming* it plays MP3 files, then you could download from Amazon, Bandcamp, 7Digital, or some other music store (but not Itunes)

In general, the only way to get your CD's onto SD cards is to rip the CD's to mp3 and copy the files that way, although new laptops increasingly don't come with CD drives...
An SD to USB converter plug is one option.

Top Bottom