Teenagers... Rites of passage II...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Radius

SHREDDER
You're not really alive until you've ordered a triple VK + coke :smile:

Kovu

Über Member
Radius said:
Oh, did I forget to mention, that's after 2 pints, one single, and 2 doubles as well. :smile:. Interesting night, that.

You got drunk off that? ;) Not saying i'm a hardweight or ought ....... :biggrin:;)

thomas

the tank engine
Kovu said:
You got drunk off that? :smile: Not saying i'm a hardweight or ought ....... :biggrin:;)

Radius must be a dwarf...:biggrin:

Radius said:
and my tolerance is pretty high considering my size etc.

I've been sick two times after drinking, the first time was by drinking tropicana the day after too quickly and all the baileys, mixed with a box of beer and goddness knows what else didn't mix well with it. The other time was, amongst other things included a good amount of Gin.

Been close to being sick many times, but some how resisted it ;)

....hmm, maybe boasting about how often you've been sick isn't something to be proud of?

Radius

SHREDDER
6'2". I meant my tolerance was above average, not that I'm a dwarf :smile:

DJ

Formerly known as djtheglove
Did/has anyone been drunk on Pernod ? Remember those Pernod and blacks!!!;)

I remember getting steaming drunk on them once and then drinking loads of water the next day and it brings back the drunk feeling again!!!

So there I was mid afternoon at my Dads house, pye eyed once again!! I remember going to bed for 24 hrs solid after that and not emerging until al the alcohol had left my blood stream!!!

OP
OP
Fab Foodie

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
djtheglove said:
Did/has anyone been drunk on Pernod ? Remember those Pernod and blacks!!!;)

I remember getting steaming drunk on them once and then drinking loads of water the next day and it brings back the drunk feeling again!!!

So there I was mid afternoon at my Dads house, pye eyed once again!! I remember going to bed for 24 hrs solid after that and not emerging until al the alcohol had left my blood stream!!!
Not with Pernod, but have done the same with whiskey, downed half a bottle after 3 or 4 pints of Abbot ale on a Friday night and went to bed. Early next morning, got-up, had a cuppa and a fag and drove 100 miles to a job I was working on. Felt great, arrived on site had a coffee and within a few minutes I was completely drunk again.
Had the same in Sweeden after a night on the Schnapps, the morning meeting coffee kick-started the system again and I was really struggling.

No more.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
I hate being sick and can never see the point in getting so drunk that I am sick. Luckily as a teenager I seemed to know when to stop between drunk and throwing up/passing out (also didn't ever really suffer from hang-overs). I don't think my parents knew what I did then and I dread the next 10 years as mine become teenagers and party animals!!! Oldest is 14 so its only just around the corner.

I think you dealt with your daughter in a very nice way... I think I would have been too worried about how they would react to have phoned mine.

vernon said:
Been there done that and seen history repeat itself with two out of three offspring. Middle child has been peeled off the pavement and poured into our car. The Christmas before last, oldest child came home from some festivities and fell asleep on the bathroom after talking into the big white telephone. My wife wasn't too happy that my first reaction on finding him there was go for my camera phone...

Excellent ammunition for future use. :biggrin:

montage

God Almighty
I don't get to the point of vomiting as I usually have something on the next day. Worst I can remember was at my next but one neighbours house - 12 cans of fosters (I don't even like fosters!...well especially not anymore) and half a bottle of vodka....(also I am pretty sure a few of my cans were spiked). All within the space of 2 and a half hours. Never doing that much again. Ever.

Alot of parties I don't even drink at anymore as I cycle there (party in full lycra wooo) then cycle back. It is all fun and games until somebody throws up.

djtheglove said:
Did/has anyone been drunk on Pernod ? Remember those Pernod and blacks!!!:wacko:

Don't mention pernod & black. I had a whole load of those + lager + whisky on my 21st. I was so drunk, they had to wheel me in a chair into the next office's toilet, as the MD was visiting our office that day. :sad:

I haven't really drunk much booze since then, oddly enough.

Top Bottom