Teenagers... Rites of passage II...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

montage

God Almighty
If you get somebody drunk on baileys and then something like that bright green or blue aftershock the result can be MAGNIFCENT if they explode :tongue:

Radius

SHREDDER
Black Aftershock is best :tongue:

ChrisKH

Guru
I can honestly say that an experience with a Watneys Red Barrel party pack (remember those? ) and a bottle of Cinzano to follow when I was 17 put me off binge drinking for life. ;)

All part of growing up.

Andy in Sig

Vice President in Exile
It was as a result of doing that sort of thing far too often that I came up with my best ever New Year's Resolution, which is to go the whole year without throwing up due to booze. The older you get, the easier it is to stick to.

Proto

Legendary Member
Max, friend of my son was round at the weekend. Tales of drunkeness. Best one was the time he was completely legless, grovelling on the pavement, in Brighton, his girlfriend unable to help him up and home.

So she called a taxi. Taxi turns up, taxi driver takes one look at Max, and unsurprisingly refuses to take him. Much animated debate. Taxi driver fecks off.

She calls another taxi company. Taxi turns up, driver sees Max on the pavement refuses the fare.

Girl, distraught, begs the driver, "please, please, you must take him, he's not drunk, but disabled, and some bastard has stolen his wheelchair!"

Taxi driver visibly shocked, pours the boy into the taxi, and all the way home the driver is muttering things, "what kind of world do we live in", "poor boy", "if I could get my hands on those thieving scrotes" etc etc.

We reckoned she was good marrying material.

:evil:

PS anyone remember UMIST pyjama parties, really big do's in the seventies. I was there, it was a war zone. ;);)

thewrinklyninja

I remember back when I was a professional alcoholic in the Army. Went out on the piss in Andover when I was based in Tidworth. Had a good night from what I remember of it and when I woke up back in the block in the morning I had a five foot plastic ice cream cone at the foot of my bed. Confused me till I asked one the lads what had happend. Turns out I had the taxi stop in front of a ice cream shop on the way back to camp and nicked it and threw it in the taxi with us. Kept that thing for years, was great on room inspections. the Sgt always talked about it and did'nt look at the room!.

OP
OP
Fab Foodie

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
ChrisKH said:
I can honestly say that an experience with a Watneys Red Barrel party pack (remember those? ) and a bottle of Cinzano to follow when I was 17 put me off binge drinking for life. :smile:

All part of growing up.

I think you mean a 'Party Seven' :laugh:
http://www.retrowow.co.uk/retro_britain/keg_bitter/watneys_red_barrel.html

We must be of a similar age, I recall the identical experience and then heaving my guts-up outside some village hall in the middle of Devon :sad:

tyred

Legendary Member
Perhaps I'm boring but I have rarely, if ever, drank to excess. The only time I did, I wasn't a teenage, I was about 23, I drank about 14 pints of cider and quite a few whiskeys. I don't know how I got home and I felt slightly rough the next day to put it mildly.

HelenD123

Legendary Member
Proto said:
PS anyone remember UMIST pyjama parties, really big do's in the seventies. I was there, it was a war zone. :?::biggrin:

My cousin met his wife at the Sheffield Uni pyjama jump. I think he was looking particularly attractive in pyjamas and a pair of walking boots (there must have been lots of alcohol involved:laugh:).

GrahamG

Guru
I've only been sick from drink once or twice - I tended to always know my limits. I cut down on my boozing at age 17 after sh**ing the bed :?:

Two pints and I'm merry now. Superb.

Top Bottom