Teenagers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tyred

Legendary Member
Get him a Raleigh Twenty. Mine defied all my attempts to break it when I was a teenager and I still ride it occasionally today.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
A friend of mine manages a bike shop - a lad used to go in quite regular broken bike ALL THE TIME - until the manager told him directly to stop throwing the bike down on the floor and appreciate the bike!

#teenagers lol
a friend of mine described how he tried to mend his dodgy gears... "So i picked the bike up over my head and threw it down as hard as i could a few times." :wacko:

My son is 15, he's wrecked 2 of my old steel GT MTB's on his paper round so I thought I'd treat him to something coolio to ride and found something suitable on Ebay. Thought it might last a year (a bike's lifespan for him) but he point blank refuses to ride it, why? Because it has red tyres.
Ghost.jpg

Yeah..........that's not cool, I'm with him on this one. Consult or buy twice.

Reactions: 4F

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
''so I thought I'd treat him to something coolio to ride''

hmmm...my Father said save 50% from your paper-round and he would add the other 50%

called ''respect'' and ''appreciation'' in my day
That's what I did back in the day. Saved £120 from my paper round (took me 6 months), Dad added £100 and I had myself a Dawes Accent MTB, with Reynolds 500 gas pipe tubing, but it was a great bike, and indestructable. My dad still has it in his garage.
I'm amazed the OP's son has killed two old steel framed MTB's in a year, they are bomb proof.

OP
OP
MarkF

MarkF

Guru
A friend of mine manages a bike shop - a lad used to go in quite regular broken bike ALL THE TIME - until the manager told him directly to stop throwing the bike down on the floor and appreciate the bike!

#teenagers lol

That's what he does, I even bought a folding stand for this new one. A bike is a tool to him, he cycles but he has no interest in cycling.

He's 15 and holds down 3 jobs, I don't mind buying him a bike, the 20 year old son spends all day in bed = no bike.

OP
OP
MarkF

MarkF

Guru
I'm amazed the OP's son has killed two old steel framed MTB's in a year, they are bomb proof.

One per year, that's about how long they last. He uses a bike every day, paper round and to his job at the local mini market. He rides using his front brakes, snags and wrecks cables, throws it down, gouging and taking all the paint off the forks, what goes first are the front wheels, he brakes right through them!

We are talking £50 a bike here, that is what I pay for old GT Outposts (or similar).

Top Bottom