Teenagers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hell, I've an old Apollo FS26 he'd be welcome to try and break.
Ride's well, hate the suspension now I'm lighter (bought it when I was 35 stone, now 23.5 because of it), and that thing is a tank!

Originally reading the post, I was the same as others, mistreating, no respect, however, reading that he's working 3 jobs and he's using it daily etc, then meh, go for it.

I'd recommend stopping him using the front brakes only, or switching to disc brakes, and stopping him from just dropping the bike. A kickstand isn't expensive.
Don't think I ever threw bikes to the ground when I was a kid, but then I always had kickstands.

OP
OP
MarkF

MarkF

Guru
Yes, I should have got a stand earlier.............I've talked to him about braking but it makes no difference, he gets through front pads in one month, the rears are always like new.

I have one in the shed - it's my project for this year!

ive just finished one
http://www.cyclechat.net/threads/restoration-twenty.148038/#post-2888628
That's what he does, I even bought a folding stand for this new one. A bike is a tool to him, he cycles but he has no interest in cycling.

He's 15 and holds down 3 jobs, I don't mind buying him a bike, the 20 year old son spends all day in bed = no bike.

20 yr old spending all day in bed , yeah, i remember one of my kids trying that , didnt last long though :thumbsup:

ayceejay

Guru
The first option is obviously extermination but if you can't face it no problem although a pillow over the head of the other one would be easy - no?
'Life' is something like this: I need a bike to do my paper round and get to school and my other jobs but they don't last long or look cool and I have to pedal and ..and...but I have this bloke who spoils me by buying me another one although he doesn't understand 'cool' the dumb old git, I'm going to behave like a pussy until I get what I want - simples.

Cycling Dan

Cycle Crazy
I imagine it feels much like it does when parents buy there teenage children clothes. Apart from size they get nothing else right (not always true)

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
I imagine it feels much like it does when parents buy there teenage children clothes. Apart from size they get nothing else right (not always true)

When to you graduate onto onesies from your romper suits?

A friend of mine manages a bike shop - a lad used to go in quite regular broken bike ALL THE TIME - until the manager told him directly to stop throwing the bike down on the floor and appreciate the bike!

#teenagers lol

The floor? Inside his house?

OP
OP
MarkF

MarkF

Guru
He is saying he'll ride it if I put some black tyres on it, no big deal as I have some 28mm new Maxxis Detonators in the cellar. :thumbsup: But................I am loathe to take off the red tyres, I like them and I also have a pal wanting to start riding again, he's 52, so will probably think red tyres and white wheels look coolio. Not sure how it'd get on along the towpaths which where he'll be riding.............. but a test ride for him is booked tomorrow afty. ^_^

Top Bottom