Teeny tiny things that drive you nuts out of all proportion

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
People who leave thier fog lights on.

People who stop at traffic lights with foot on the brake, thus blinding the driver behind with the bright brake lights.

£1 notes are the most fun.
yep, even better when the person trying to pass it off as a £5 because you have an "english" accent has no idea you were born in the city you are standing it at the time! It was a really good attempt at swindling me out of my money - but it failed totally 'twas when he found out that a redheaded teenager born in Glasgow was not someone too try that on again!:boxing:

green1

Über Member

RiflemanSmith

Oooh god yes! Why oh why oh why! That's a kick in the teeth offence that is.
Lol that is so funny.
I had a big argument with my mum about this as I always put the milk in first, she saw me do and went mental.
I said that I would make her another one with adding the milk in after.
Made the tea in my usual way and asked her if that was better?
She said yes.
I was like are you sure it actually tastes better like that?
She was yeah I can taste the difference.
Should have seen her face when I said she was talking out of her arse as I made it the same way!
The only time it has an effect on the brew is if you have a lot of milk then it will effect the temperature.

goo_mason

Champion barbed-wire hurdler
Scottish bank holidays. No-one ever knows when they are (apart from 1st/2nd Jan).
Ah, fellow Leither - tell me about it! Even worse now that I work for an Indian IT company, whose UK holiday calendar isn't based around Scottish holidays (or the Scottish holidays of my ex-employer who I still work for as a contractor). Makes trying to book holidays a nightmare as their calendar doesn't accept them as holidays.

*screams silently*

My OH gets really upset with me if I pour boiling water into the cup and then add the coffee & sugar - no milk here though, I'm allergic to it (and all dairy)

I am not sure of the authority on this but Coffee needs slightly cooler water (off the boil) whereas tea needs boiling water to brew.
So what you do sounds fine for coffee but rightly would raise an eyebrow with tea which really needs a warmed teapot.

Top Bottom