teetotal Discussion thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Slick

Guru
I'm not the biggest fan of Wetherspoons pubs either. They can be rather hit and miss. My closest in Orpington is pretty rubbish, second closest in Petts Wood is great. A few others off the top of my head, The Peter Cushing in Whitstable is just fabulous as are 2 Wetherspoons in Brighton, The Bright Helm and The West Quay. You would be very silly to tar them all with the same brush.
I wouldn't tar everything with the same brush especially when it's a national product but both by me aren't the best.
I prefer them like the Black Isle in Inverness.
black-isle-bar-inverness.jpg

it can be managed. i have been experimenting for years with this
non alcoholic beer is a god send for house parties when you dont want to drink. stick to your guns and leave early when everyone is starting to repeat themselves!
i still drink now and again but choose wisely. i maybe have 2 or 3 hangovers a year. yes i feel depressed and crap but it's normally because i've had a great night and i don't want to miss out on meeting with mates or whatever is going on, and because i like to get drunk now and again and let my hair down
even on the rare occasions of drinking you can drink water between drinks and if you know when to stop and call the taxi home even better. you might only suffer for half a day
i think my drinking will decline even more as i age but the rule is
i'm going to rule it rather than it rule me:okay:

Top Bottom