Tektro 350 brake pads swap to shimano 105 with pad holders possible

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

pb63

Veteran
Hi there, wondering if anyone knows whether it's possible to swap my tektro R350 brake pads with Shimano items.

The existing Tektro ones don't have the cassette type where you swap out the rubber blocks only such that you find on Shimano. Can I simply swap the whole block or will they be incompatible with Shimano... The tektro ones are removed as a whole item i.e the Allen key bolt is part of the block if that makes sense...

I can't see any reason why not, but just wondered if anyone had done this before... This is on my giant fcr2 so a flat bar roadie. It's the good old fashioned brake block on rim not disc.

Thanks

Last edited:

robgul

Legendary Member
Yes - pretty much any blocks will fit any caliper rim brakes - the replaceable pad types are worth the extra initial cost in my opinion (you can usually get away with just adjusting the cable when you replace the pad inserts, rather than having to realign to the rim and toe-in)

Rob

OP
OP
P

pb63

Veteran
Yes - pretty much any blocks will fit any caliper rim brakes - the replaceable pad types are worth the extra initial cost in my opinion (you can usually get away with just adjusting the cable when you replace the pad inserts, rather than having to realign to the rim and toe-in)

Rob
Thank you that's good to know.

I have some spare Shimano 105 blocks but not the carrier's. Is there anywhere that sells just the holders? Or am I best just buying some cheapy ones and swapping then out.

Or I might just drop by my LBS to see if they have some old carriers I could make use of...

Top Bottom