TEKTRO Volans hydraulic disk break issue

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PTITMALOUIN

Thanks by advance for your help
For one month, I'm proudly the owner of an ICE FULL FAT 26"...but there was a quiproquo when buying. Seems obviously it's not a brand new one, in spite of the price.
The right break is very very weak,
Pads are identical on both sides, not worn, neither the disks.
SOMETHING ABNORMAL : the knob is full OUT on the left lever and full IN on the defective break.
Levers are the regular TEKTRO Volans... while there's absolutely nothing writen on the calipers. Normally TEKTRO Volans is proudly shown.
I'm shocked to realize there's a single piston. 28 Kg, empty and 48V/20Ah assisted... while 2x and 4 pistons does exist...
. Could you explain me how it's possible to actuate 2 pads when the caliper or the disk is not floating? Do I need to bring the opposite pad to slide gently on the disk, so that when the piston is pushing the direct pad, the disk would be pressed onto the opposite pad? Should be viewed regularly as the pad is wearing!
. Curiously, there's a cylinder depletion like a housing for a secondary piston on the opposite side
. ICE TRIKES kindly answer me within 2 days they encountered an unreliable problem with this product and their advice is to deal with a CALISTO-R mirrored calipers (seem cable actuated)
I've just read this mail. I haven't any idea what to do now.
TEKTRO Volans are mirrored, a LEFT and a RIGHT CALIPER, Different!

Will I need another bracket for installing? Don't think...

Any comment and explanation will be very appreciated.
Thanks to have the patience to open and study my bottle to the sea
Stay safe and carry on riding

Attachments

• 20220530_162830.jpg
    20220530_162830.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 6
  • 20220524_200808.jpg
    20220524_200808.jpg
    126 KB · Views: 6
  • 20220524_211409.jpg
    20220524_211409.jpg
    121.3 KB · Views: 6