Tell us about your Ebay cycling gear

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
tincaman

tincaman

Guru

bicyclos

Part time Anorak
I have dealt with a number of dealers on E-bay over the last 8yrs now especially for inner and outer cables, tools, clothing, lights and rechargable batteries. My latest purchase last week was for a triangle frame bag to house the battery pack for my t6 light which was hand delivered to my house less than 6hrs after I purchase the item. I will have to admit there is a lot of crap for sale but sifting through the dirt there are a number of genuine descent people out there and I have a good repore with a number of them I deal with on a regular basis. My first puchase 8yrs ago was for a pair of carridice super C panniers for £20 delivered. Like new and still used now.

guitarpete247

Just about surviving
I bought a 39T FSA chainring for £13.50 only to find I'd got 130mm BCD and needed 110mm. (I'd read to size off Velobase and not measured it :sad:.) A few months later I had a free insertion weekend so put it back on and got £23.22 :smile:. Some you win :dance:.

Wades

These lights....

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/330507914...X:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649#ht_2798wt_1037

...Eat batteries and the brackets are made of a rare form of black cheese.

knitgirl

I've bought a second had pair of Altura Dryline 56 Pannier for £30, Knog Frog Strobe front light for £4.99 and a Mongoose Crossway 850 for £175, Basil Shoulder bike bag for £27.99 and a Kryptonite bike lock (can't remember how much exactly but less than normal). Bought from a mixture of private sellers and businesses and been happy with everything.

2pies

Veteran
I've bought some nice clothing and accessories from eBay, all from LBS type sellers - lights, gloves, jacket etc. The best one was some Altura gloves for £20 that I saw for £50 in a bricks and mortar store.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/400231705163?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

However, I'm reluctant to buy bikes or bike parts from private sellers on eBay. I just get the feeling that many of the "bargains" found on eBay stem from theft. So many bikes are stolen and its very easy to break a bike apart and flog the bits on eBay (or Gumtree etc.) for a quick sale.

I don't have many morals, but I don't want to feed the demand for bike theft. Not really judging those that do, I just prefer to buy new stuff.

HovR

Über Member
These lights....

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/330507914...X:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649#ht_2798wt_1037

...Eat batteries and the brackets are made of a rare form of black cheese.

I also have these lights, and although they do go through batteries pretty quickly, you can get a set of four Duracell 1000mAh rechargables for only £5 with postage off eBay. Would be no good for touring, but they'll last me 2 or 3 days of standard commuting.

The rear bracket snapped on me whilst fitting, but the front one seems fine as long as you don't go crazy over-tightening the thumb-screws.

Top Bottom